Chapter 5: ~Father~

After walking Stella home, I started toward home as well to get some rest and check on how My father was. My feet stammered as I walked along side the water, it glistened in the moonlight, the cool air nipped at my face, I enjoyed every moment of it. I walked slowly underneath an arch, I placed my hand on the wall, running my fingertips along all the cracks, I admired everything just a little more during carnival, the lanterns lit up the streets, as well as the moonlight, the breeze, the beautiful quiet buildings, I couldn't help but stare in awe.

Arriving at my door, I heard a voice other than my fathers. I panicked, I grabbed the doorknob and burst through, "father?!" I managed to Yelp. I thought it might've been Luca or Marco, but they were supposed to arrive here tomorrow to retrieve the money, I was worried. But when I rushed in, it was a more horrid sight. Doctor Stefano was trying to revive my father, he had help from a couple other doctors, but it didn't seem like he was going to succeed. He turned his head to look at me, "oh dear!" He hurried over to cover my eyes, they were already flooded with tears, I began to weep, I felt weak, my legs lost strength, as did I, my head pounded with releasing stress, I tumbled to my knees. Stefano managed to catch me by my wrist before I fainted.

I awoke, birds chirping upon the window sill, this wasn't home. I sprung up immediately as I clasped the sheets In between my fingers, I climbed out of the not so familiar bed, and walked to the window. I tugged open the curtains, causing the innocent birds to flutter away in fear. Being in a different place proved that it was real.. My father had passed. I stood staring out into the busy streets of Venice, I yawned as Doctor Stefano opened the door slowly as if he were checking if I were still sleeping. Once he noticed I was no longer asleep, he stepped in, "hello (y,n) I kept checking on you so you wouldn't be confused when you awoke, I brought you to my beloved and i's home, just so you didn't have to awake in any confusion, last night wasn't easy, you fainted and I didn't expect you to recover any memory until I reassured you that it was real. My condolences." He told me sincerely.
"Thank you Doctor, it is appreciated, i remembered On my own but I appreciate you for you sweet thoughts. I should be on my way about now, I have to meet someone, again, thank you for your hospitality." I thanked him.

As soon as I was outside of the warm and welcoming home, I felt the cold wind smack me in the face. I had to meet Luca and Marco as quickly as a could, I knew just because I had lost father, they wouldn't give me any extra time to prepare myself. They liked torturing me didn't they? I rushed off. My boots stomping on the stone streets, I still had the knife on me, i guess Stefano didn't think to check if I was dangerous, he trusted me, I assumed.

I hated this dress, I needed to head back home quick. As I passed the corner I saw the door was open, they were there. 'Merda!' I thought as I took off toward my home.

Better chapter I hope erg last one was pretty bad, but this one should at least be a little better?? Thanks!! ♥️