Chapter One

"Pop star Niall Horan of One Direction was charged yet again with driving under the influence. That makes this his third dui this month. With the band being home as a break from their summer tour in the United States, we are all left to wonder how the star is going to clean himself up before their world tour picks up again.."

Clicking the television off, Jillian got to her feet, padding over to her closet. She looked through her clothes pulling out a clean dress and laying it out on her bed. It wasn’t her preference, but she knew how her aunt was on Sundays, you dressed your best when you go to church. No exceptions.

"Jillian, are you up." She turned her head looking at the now opening door, coming face to face with her uncle. "We leave in about an hour." he said and Jillian nodded.

"Thanks Ken," Jillian mumbled quietly and he began to shut the door.

"Oh, Jess is feeling sick, will you check on her?" he asked and she nodded. He gave her a small smile and she followed him out heading to the room across from hers.

"Good morning sunshine," Jillian says watching as the little girls lips perk up into a smile, she comes over to her, sitting on the bed next to Jess. She watched as her little cousin slowly sat up, struggling just a tad. "Ken says you don’t feel good, what hurts?" She asked watching as the small girl places her hands on her forehead.

"My head," Jess mumbled and Jillian’s lips formed into a frown. "Am I going to have to go to the hospital?"

"I don’t know, have you gotten sick this morning?" Jess shook her head no. Jillian leaned over grabbing the blue bag beside her, she dug through all of Jess’s medicine finding the bottle of tylenol, and the little girl opened her mouth letting Jillian place the tablets on her tongue.

"Are you leaving," Jess asked quietly and Jillian nodded.

"Unless you want to stay home.." Jillian suggested and Jess nodded. "Let me go tell them,"

Running down the steps, Jillian saw her aunt and uncle in the kitchen. “Jess isn’t feeling good, she wants to stay home. I’m just going to stay and watch her.” Jillian said watching as her aunt chewed her bottom lip.

"Okay honey," She said reluctantly. "She didn’t throw up did she?" her aunt Kelly asked and Jillian shook her head knowing that the last time Jess got sick, it wasn’t a normal headache, it was a brain tumor.

"She told me she hasn’t." Jillian replied and her aunt took a deep breath.

"Should I call the doctor, what if Jess has another seizure?" Jillian opened her mouth to speak, but anything she wanted to say was cut off when she heard her seven year old cousin yell her name.

Seconds later she was running up the steps, her aunt and uncle behind her. “Jill, I’m spitting blood!” Jess shrieked and her aunt knelt down to Jess’s side.

"We’re going to the hospital."

Tuesday

Niall groaned, cutting the engine to his car and stepping out of the car. He may be on break for tour but he still had to haul himself to the studio five days a week for the rest of the month.

He hurriedly made his way inside, greeting all the boys before sitting down on the couch beside Zayn. It wasn’t hard to see the shift in mood between the boys.

Taking out his phone, he decided to check his email. Anything was better than waiting for someone to break the awkward silence that fell among them.

His phone dinged and Zayn looked over at him. “What are you doing?” Niall shrugged in response.

"Just got this email,"

"What does it say?" Harry asked and Niall decided to click the email and read it.

"It’s an email asking if I can meet a sick girl in the hospital." Niall said setting the phone on his lap.

"Well when do you go?" Louis asked and Niall shook his head.

"I’m not,"

"What?  Why?" Zayn asked and Niall scoffed.

"I don’t want to be in a building full of sick people," Niall said and they all glared at him. "They don’t want to pay me." 

"That’s the biggest amount of shit I’ve heard," Liam said and Niall nodded.

"No, he means you." Louis stated watching Niall’s eyes grow wide.

"What the hell did I do?" Niall asked.

"Do you want to talk about your arrogance now or your dui’s?" Harry asked and Niall shook his head.

"I said I’m not going," Niall bit back.

"You need to get some good press out there," Liam stated and Niall groaned.

"No, no way in hell am I going." He sounded like a prick, yeah. But he hadn’t stepped foot in a hospital since that day. And no sick kid was going to change that.