Chapter Eight

After Niall dropped Jillian off at school there wasn't anything else he could seem to do other than go to Harry's, so he did. The drive was quick, and it wasn't long before Niall was stumbling into Harry's flat, yelling his name as he entered. Harry sit on the couch throwing pennies into the ashtray he had sitting on the coffee table. "What are you doing?" Niall asked watching Harry shrug.

"I think Zayn left this here, so I just kinda started throwing stuff at it to see if I can make it." Harry said looking up at Harry. "How did you get in?" He asked and it was Niall's turn to shrug.

"I have a key, I think you lent me a spare once and I forgot to give it back." Niall explained watching Harry only nod in reply. He sat down beside Harry, the two of them falling into a heavy silence. It would be a lie for him to even think to himself that there wasn't some pent up tension. "Y-You can have it back now, I'll just head out. I was just stopping by.." He sombrely explains.

"Nah, you can keep it." Harry says before leaning forward grabbing the contents from the ashtray and coffee table. "And you can stay, I mean because I'm so busy now." He says jokingly before holding his hand out to Niall. Niall takes the pennies and they both lean back into the couch silently tossing them into the ashtray. "So we only have a few more days until tour picks back up."

"Wait what?"

"Yeah, we're leaving at the end of the week." Harry nods and a sigh falls from Niall's lips. He set the remainder of the pennies in his hand on the coffee table before wiping his hands on his jeans. He didn't know how he was supposed to tell Jillian, and he didn't know what she would do.

Her feet squeaked as she walked around the tile floor. Jillian mentally cringed each time it happened too, hating the sound of her math teacher's rain boots. Thursdays had to be the worst day of the week for her. Thursdays meant that she had to sit in the science department, listening to her teacher talk about things she couldn't possibly understand. Not to mention it was spent with Matt, which only made her hate it more.

He looked at her so many times in class, that stupid smirk on his face- that she hated even when they were.. together? Never would she claim to be dating Matt, she knew she meant nothing more to him then sex. Looking back on who she was, and who she is today, she hated herself. She hated what she become and the things she did. But there was no way she could blame Matt for that- he didn't even know all the gruesome details himself.

For a fifth time his eyes landed on hers, she tried hard not to squirm under his gaze. It wasn't long before Jillian's eyes dropped to the desk, her teacher dismissing them shortly after. It was lunch hour and Jillian sighed, having forgotten to pack a lunch meant going into the cafeteria- another place where Matt and all of his friends would be. She waited for all the other kids to leave, and then another ten minutes just to clear her head. Today was slowly becoming one of those days where she simply hated everything, without so much of a reason.

By the time she left the classroom, the halls were clear and she could hear her converse tapping on the tile floor. "Jillian." His voice rang through her ears, causing her to stop walking and look at him. She stared at him, eyes running down his body observing the object he held in his hands. "Jillian, babe." He said and she shook her head before turning on her heels, going in the direction of the class room.

"Jillian, are you running from me, or the sandwich?" He called after her and she shook her head.

"Go away Matt honestly.." His hand wrapped around her wrist, pulling her back to him.

"What's got you so scared Jill? Afraid of a little carbohydrates?" He asked and she shook her head once more.

"I'm trying to leave." She said pointedly and he laughed.