Chapter Twenty

Jillian rolled over in bed stretching her arms out and letting out a groan. She gripped the blankets, pulling them closer to her. When she felt something tickle her shoulder she scrunched her face slowly opening her eyes. "Why do we have to wake up?" Jillian almost moaned pouting at the blue eyed boy looking over at her.

"Maybe because you have school.." Niall pondered earning a flick in the chin from Jillian. "Hey!"

"You're such a dork." Jillian smiles before leaning over and kissing him. When Niall pulls back Jillian lets out a yawn before laying her head on Niall's chest. "Do my aunt and uncle know you're here?" Jillian asks looking at the wall.

"We haven't come out of your room since you made them believe we were doing the deed?" Niall says brushing stray hairs from her face.

"Doing the deed, what are we thirteen?" Jillian almost laughs shaking her head. Finally she gets to sitting up, stretching her arms over her head before scratching the back of her head. "C'mon, I think we bought orange juice last night." Jillian smiles before jumping off of the bed and padding out of the room.

Jillian walks through the hall stopping outside of Jess' room. She turns the doorknob, poking her head in to see Jess sleeping in her bed. A small smile sweeps across her face before she shuts the door and heads downstairs.

"Morning," Jillian chirped walking into the kitchen seeing both her aunt and uncle sitting at the table.

"Good morning, have you checked on Jess by chance?" Her aunt spoke looking up from her cup of coffee.

"Yeah, she's still sleeping." Jillian nodded taking a sip from the glass of orange juice she poured. Jillian sets the glass down before putting the container of juice away. "I think I'm going to Niall's house after classes today." Jillian says tapping her fingers on her thigh nervously.

"That's fine, you don't need anything do you?" Her aunt says sending her a sideways glance.

"Well if you wanted to let me borrow the car that would be great." She smiles biting her bottom lip in one swift motion her uncle is tossing the keys to her and Jillian's running up the stairs. "Way to just lay here you bum." Jillian laughs seeing Niall laying on the bed staring at the ceiling. Niall shrugs keeping his gaze at the wall. "Come on, I've got classes today, and then we're going to your house." She says jumping on the bed beside him. 

"My mom used to have a picture like that up in her bedroom," Niall says pointing at Jillian's abstract picture on the wall. It was a gift from her aunt, the word Love scrawled all over it. Jillian lay her head on Niall's shoulder as he stared at it. "I remember the day she died, it was only a little bit ago but I just remember it so clearly. The way my dad said that she was gone, he nearly choked saying the words. But somehow it was so easy for him to get it out. 'She's gone.' I hate it, I hate that it's so easy to lose someone." Niall mumbled keeping his eyes on the picture. 

"I know what you mean." Jillian replied, her mind on her own family. She kept her eyes closed taking a deep breath. 

"I wish you didn't," Niall whispered finally looking down at her. She opened her eyes meeting his gaze before he leaned down placing a soft kiss on her lips. He really wished that she didn't.

**

Jillian lifted her head off of the desk rubbing her eyes. She hated school, even considered dropping out a few times. But none of that was really possible considering she wouldn't have a way of making a career without it. So she sat in the stuffy room listing to her teacher lecture on about the characteristics of entrepreneurs. Her nails clicked on the desk as she tapped them absentmindedly. There were only a few more minutes until she was getting out of school. 

When the bell finally rang Jillian weaved her way through the people, making a speedy escape to her car. As she sat in the drivers seat of her car she let out a yawn, she couldn't wait to leave this place.

The drive over to Niall's was fairly short, which Jillian was glad for considering how ready she was to get out of the car. She shut the car off before walking over to the door, knocking loudly.

"I think you need a key," Niall says as the door swings open. He's clothed in a white t-shirt and gray sweat pants hanging low on his hips. Jillian took her lip between his teeth taking in his appearance. 

"Maybe one day." Jillian shrugs before stepping inside the house. The heat of the house warms her cold cheeks, the weather beginning to become quite unbearable with the cold temperatures. Jillian walked over to the couch, laying herself down on it.

"You took my seat,"

"Sucks," Jillian laughs looking up at at Niall whose staring down at her frowning. Jillian raises her arm and pats the seat by her head. "Here, sit." Jillian leans her head up letting Niall sit down. She lays her head on Niall's thigh stealing the remote. "Let's watch doctor who!"

"Haven't we seen all of them?"

"Doesn't mean we can't still watch some."

"Fine but not season two, I don't need you crying all night." Jillian rolls her eyes giving Niall the middle finger before grabbing the remote.

**

"I told you not to watch it!" Niall laughs raising his hands as Jillian wipes her eyes.

"Why is it always so fucking sad?" Jillian says shaking her head. She rolls her eyes sitting up and retying her hair. 

"How was school?" Niall asked and Jillian shrugged bringing her knees to her chest.

"Stupid, we talked about entrepreneurs. You know, what makes this episode more sad. It's that Rose and the doctor still think of each other and through season three and four he's still upset about her. I wonder if there's someone out there who really misses a person after they leave them. If they would do anything to get them back."

"Jill are you alright?"

"Yeah I just... I've been thinking about a lot today. My parents mostly, but I don't know." Jillian shrugs shaking her head.

"C'mon tell me."

"Sometimes I wonder what my dad's doing out there. Where he is, what he's doing... If he misses me at all." She mumbles looking at her legs.

"Jillian you are an amazing girl, one of the most amazing girls I've ever met. I know it sucks and I don't really know what to say- which sucks in itself. But Jill, if he hasn't come to find you that isn't your fault, it's his because he's missing out on the greatest thing in my life." Niall says taking her hand.

"You mean that?" Jillian asks looking him in the eye.

"From the bottom of my heart." Niall says before Jillian leans over and kisses him. Her hands untangle from his and move to his shoulders, and then to the collar of his shirt griping it tightly. Jillian sits on her knees leaning into Niall, she pulled back taking a deep breath. Niall's hands come up to Jillian's face pulling her back down to him.

"Take me upstairs," Jillian breathes out pulling away from Niall again.

"Are you.."

"Niall just take me upstairs and let's have sex." Jillian says bluntly looking at Niall.

"Okay," Niall says getting to his feet, carrying Jillian upstairs.