Chapter Ten

Niall rolled over in the small bunk of the tour bus. He was extremely tired but couldn't sleep. He put his pillow over his face in hopes of getting some sleep only for his phone to ring incredibly loud.

"Damn it Niall, turn that shit off." Louis groaned from above him. Niall looked at his phone, answering it quickly.

"Hello," He said groggily, climbing out of the bunk as quietly as possible.

"Niall she sniffed, it had been a little over a week since he last talked to her. She wanted space and he was trying his best to give her that. "Are you there?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm here." He said softly. "What's wrong Jillian?"

"Nothing, I just. It's stupid I'm sorry to bother you." She said wiping her eyes.

"No, you didn't, come on Jill what's wrong?" Niall asked sitting on the couch not far from the bunk area.

"I'm so mad at you." She said after a minute. He sighed and nodded, she had every right to be. "Are you mad at me? D-Did I do something wrong?" She asked quietly, picking at her nails.

"N-No Jillian that's not it, I'm not mad at you. I didn't tell you because.." He sighed running his fingers through his hair. "I'm coming home in two days I'll see you then." He says reassuringly.

"I'm not going to hug you, I'm still mad." She told him and he lay back on the couch. "I have a final tomorrow, I think I'm going to fail." She said to him.

"You won't, trust me."

"How can I trust you when you don't tell me the truth?" She countered curling into her comforter.

"If I always told you the truth I wouldn't need you to trust me." Niall says softly, listening to her sigh.

"Where are you now?" She asked with a yawn.

"We just got to Japan. I would be in a hotel right now, but we got here really late, you know jet lag. We all wanted to fall asleep as soon as we could so we agreed on the bus." Niall yawned.

"I didn't mean to wake you up. I'm sorry." She said again and Niall tiredly shook his head.

"It's okay really, I wasn't asleep anyhow." He said to her, his eyes falling shut. He was so tired, and Jillian put him at ease, but right now he would fight both of those factors just to talk to her. "I'm really sorry just so you know."

"I know," She mumbled, "But it still kinda hurts, I mean.." Jillian shook her head and yawned. "I'm going to go to sleep." She tiredly mumbled into the phone.

"No, don't go." Niall tiredly pleaded. His eyes were now permanently shut and he kept dozing off. He didn't want her to hang up, he wanted her to stay on. If he could keep her on he would be able to fall asleep listening to her voice. Almost like Jillian was sleeping with him; almost. "Just stay on the line."

"I don't know Niall, I don't want to keep you." She began to protest but it didn't matter, Niall was already snoring into the receiver. "Goodnight Niall," She quietly said hanging up the phone, it wasn't long before she fell asleep herself.

Flowers, he sent her flowers. And not just a dozen, no, when Jillian woke up there were three dozen orchids at her door step. She rolled her eyes, smiling to herself as she looked down at them. She didn't know how he had known that orchids were her favorite, from the few weeks they had spent together he never asked.

The thought of him doing something nice for her was still on her mind as she walked to the bus. When she began her second semester final she thought of him, silently pretending that he was there asking what the questions were. She smiled to herself answering all of the questions actually feeling good about the out come. By the time school was done she headed straight for the old diner, changing in the bathrooms once she got there. Her day consisted of writing down orders and telling the older customers the special multiple times. It was a long day and by the end of it she was ready to go to bed, keeping more thoughts of Niall at bay, reminding herself she was still mad at him.

**

She was mad at him, and Niall was still figuring out what to do about that. He sat in the parking lot of the hospital for a good bit of time before he actually went inside.

He walked to Jess' floor he saw her in the waiting room, talking to her aunt. There was money in her hands and she let out a sigh as her aunt walked away. Niall walked over to Jillian sitting in the seat across from her. "Hi," He said softly, and he watched her shake her head whilst trying to hide the smirk growing on her lips. "Its been a while since I've been here."

"Yeah because you didn't come."She points and he sighs.

"I know, I'm sorry Jillian." He says and she pushes her hair behind her ears.

"I'm not hugging you." She tells him and he laughs. He turns reaching for his bag pulling out the gift he bought her back in Australia.

"I got something for you." He says before handing it to her. The goofy smile she wears is infectious and Niall smiles along with her.

"You got me a snow globe." She laughs shaking her head. " I love it, thank you." He watched as she shook the globe, watching the artificial snow float around. "I got your flowers too, thanks again. They're really pretty." She said and he smiled, he knew orchids were her favorite. Jess had told him once.

"Don't mention it, do you, uh, wanna see Jess?" He asked and Jillian shook her head her face falling.

"She's um, she's going into surgery in a few days and only immediate family can see her. Because her cousin I have to stay behind." Jillian said playing with her snow globe. Niall leaned forward putting his hand on Jilllian's knee.

"Let's go do something," Niall said quickly, not wanting to see Jillian cry. She nodded and followed him out of the hospital quietly. The air was thick between the two as they got into the car. Niall had opened his mouth at least twice to try and say something to her, but he would quickly shut it. He hoped she didn't notice, she did but didn't say anything.

"How was tour?" She asked giving him a sideways glance.

"It was fun, amazing really." He said with a smile, she tried to keep the smile from coming onto her face as she listened to him talk but it got the best of her. "The middle of tour was hard, not being home for my mum.." He said after a minute and Jillian put a hand on his arm. He shook his head looking at his lap before focusing on the road.

"Do you want to come to my place?" Jillian asked, "My aunt and uncle are gonna stay with Jess. I can make us something," She tried to convince him, but she didn't need to. He would have said yes already.

"Yeah, yeah let's do that." He says and they drive to her house. When the car comes to a stop Jillian climbs out of the car, Niall trailing after her. He reaches for her hand, pulling her to him just as they get to the door. "Are you still mad at me?" He asks looking down at Jillian.

"Yes," She breathes as his hands trace along her sides settling at her hips. She subtly bites on her bottom lip as she looks up at him.

"What was it you said you wouldn't do?" He quietly asks bringing his face closer to hers. His breath hits her face and she almost feels as if she's in a daze. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts she looks him in the eye.

"I'm not going to hug you," She replies watching Niall smirk.

"But I haven't had a proper hug in weeks." He says and Jillian rolls her eyes.

"Because you gave me a snow globe, I guess I can hug you." She says watching Niall smile before pulling her in for a hug. Her head lays on his chest, and he rubs her back. When she goes to pull away Niall keeps her close to him, their chests still touching.

"Can I kiss you?" He whispers, keeping his eyes on hers. She slowly nods her head wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Y-yes" She whispers in return and he leans in pressing his lips to hers. It's the one thing they missed the most while they were apart, and right now it may be the one thing they need to reassure themselves that they aren't going anywhere.

"I missed you." Jillian says pulling back just enough to make her silent confession, her nose rubbing against his.

"I missed you too Jillian." Niall says before pressing his lips to hers again.