Damn, I Think I Broke Her

*Damon's POV*

                      I had to get out of the house. Being in love with your brother's girlfriend just isn't fun when you have to watch them all lovey dovey. I put on my jacket, picked up my phone & grabbed my car keys, a drive would help – I think. Besides seeing Stefan pack for a get away to the Gilbert Lake House just didn't help things out much, but keeping Elena safe from herself was the number one priority. As I started the engine & flew out the driveway, flicking stones & dust in my wake, I felt a little better. I found myself heading towards The Grill but disappointment arose when I realised that they wouldn't be open just yet.

'Damn it,' I mentally scowled.

                      I guess it was a nice morning & the streets were pretty much deserted as I passed the town square. Something or I should say someone caught my eye. From what I could see this girl had curves where curves were meant to be. Her long milk chocolate brown hair cascaded down to the top of her blue jeans, which I must say caressed her arse perfectly. She was definitely new to town & I wasn't going to let anyone else have first dibs on her. She was the distraction I needed right now. I had to check her out up close. I pulled the car over & got out.

                     I could hear a conversation that was happening between her & another female. I would just slowly go over to her so I could introduce myself.

"I know, how about you type in 'how the fuck do I get my best friend home from a fictional place?' I don't know, I'm too freaked out right now," she was stressed about something.

"Again I say, calm your tits. We will work this out," the voice on the other end said but then went quiet for a moment, "don't freak out, don't turn around but there's a certain hottie named Ian Somerhalder walking toward you."

'Who's Ian Somerhalder?' I looked around me making sure that I was indeed the only one around.

"Are you shitting me?" her voice quivered as she spoke.

"I shit you not," her friend seemed calm.

"How close is he to me?" I heard her say & I grinned to myself.

                        There was no reply from the other female, even though I could see her face looking straight toward me via this girl's phone. She was cute.

"He's right behind me, isn't he?" she was whispering to her friend.

                         She slowly turned around to look me directly in the eyes. It floored me, her front was just was perfect as her back. Her piercing green eyes were mesmerizing like I had ever seen before.

'Time to turn on the charm,' I smiled at her.

"You must be new around here," I questioned.

I could see lust written all over her face, "yeah, you could say that."

"What kind of accent is that?" I loved foreign girls.

"Australian," she was nervous.

"You're a long way from home, aren't you?" I enjoyed listening to her voice, well if she would actually say more than a couple of words.

"Yes," it was like she was speaking to someone important & she was just so flustered – I loved it.

"Have you just moved here or here on holidays?" I needed more information.

"I'm not sure actually but when I know, I'll let you know," her eyes kept going to my lips, like they were captivating her.

I knew I had her now, "I hope you do."