You Are My Spirit Animal

*Anastasia's POV*

"Hey sleepyhead, we're here," I heard a soft voice in my ear.

I opened one eye, yawned & stretched, "Why am I so tired all the time?"

"Maybe I was just too comfortable for you," he smirked.

"Yeah, you're right. Ok let's go save your dumbass from getting herself killed," I climbed out of the car & shut the door behind me.

"Play nice. You seriously don't like her, do you?" he locked the car & we started into the mountains.

"Hello, have we met? No I seriously don't like her, never have & certainly never will," I had to ask myself why again I was hiking up into mountains to save someone I hated.

                          It was about 30 minutes in before hearing that voice that reminded me of nails down a chalkboard. I tried hard not to pay attention to what she was saying as it would always be blah, blah, blah. We found them & Damon raised his finger to his mouth.

"I don't know why you think that you're a lost cause," Damon throws her into the water, "Damon! How are you even here?"

"Thanks for the tip, brother," Damon smiled at his best friend.

Elena looks toward Ric & then her eyes lay on me, "You sold me out?"

"Think I'd take you to a mountain range of werewolves on a full moon without backup? Hey Stevie," Ric replied.

I found a rock to sit upon, "I should've bought popcorn."

                          Elena glared at me & I couldn't help myself but wave at her, a grin plastered across my face.

"Stevie," Damon turned to look at me, there was a warning in his tone.

"Oops, sorry, my bad," I threw my hands up in mock surrender.

"Get out of the water, Elena," he turns his focus back to her.

"If I get out of the water, you're gonna make me go home," she argues with him.

"Yes, because I'm not an idiot like you," he stands watching her.

"Right now, you're both acting like idiots," Ric joined me.

"You gave up on him Damon," she stood her ground.

"I didn't give up on him, Elena. I face reality. Now get out of the water," I knew he had had just about enough of her tantrum.

"No!" it was seriously like watching a 5 year old.

"What's your big plan, Elena? Huh? You gonna walk into a campsite full of werewolves, roast a marshmallow & wait for Stefan to stop by?" he goes into the water.

"Can you please drown her while you're there?" I called out & then all 3 sets of eyes were on me, "I'm sorry, did I say that out loud? Oops, I've got to remember my inside voice."

"My plan is to find him & help him. Damon, this is the closest that we've been to him since he left. I'm not going home," she was never going to let up until she got her own way.

"Klaus thinks you died when he broke the curse. That makes you safe. This, this is not safe," I know he loves her & all but honestly.

"I'm not leaving before we find him," she stared at him.

"It's a full moon tonight, Elena," he reminded her.

"Then we'll find him before then. Damon, please," her tone was normal – whiny.