Divine Intervention

*Anastasia's POV*

               I could hear voices but not just any voices, a female's voice, 'D's' voice. I tried opening my eyes but they just wouldn't. I gave up, struggling with a losing battle & listened to her voice.

"I have to know has she intervened at all, even the smallest amount?" she said.

              Then there was nothing. It was like she was talking to herself. I wanted to see my best friend, no scratch that I needed to see my best friend.

Her voice rang through my head again, "We need her back now. I need to see her & tell her how much I love her."

              'D' was crying but why was she crying. I needed to hug her, to comfort her. I've missed her so much.

                I could feel my own eyes welling up with tears & I wanted to scream at her that I could hear her, I was there but I wasn't even sure if I was there & this was just an extremely life-like dream. Suddenly my eyes flew open & I sat bolted up right. I was in the bedroom that Elijah had taken me into. I slowly pushed myself up off the bed which was proving to be an effort. I could hear noises & voices down the hallway.

"Niklaus, our guests have arrived," I heard Elijah say.

Nik's British accent rang out, "Damon. Stefan. Elijah tells me, you seek an audience. Very bold. Let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilized men, shall we?"

"It's better to indulge him," Elijah replied & the front door closed.

                 I made my way down the hallway to the dining room, seeing people everywhere. Well I knew that some was Nik's circus monkeys & others were, well, snacks I guess.

                  I found the 4 of them & stood leaning against the door frame. Why was I so weak? My eyes became slightly hazy & I grabbed the wall like it was the only thing that was going to save me from hitting the floor, technically at the present moment in time it was.

"I didn't come here to eat, Klaus. Fact, I didn't want to come here at all, but I was told I had to cause you would hear us out," I heard a emotionless Stefan.

"Well, we can sit & eat or I can reach down your throats &pull out your insides. The choice is yours," Nik yet again throwing his weight around.

"Such table manners Nik," I spoke up but it only came out as a soft murmur.

"Anastasia, you should be resting," Elijah came to my side & helped me to the seat next to him.

"It looks like you're going to start without me," I smiled but the tension in the room was deafening.

"Anastasia love, you look rather ashen. Are you feeling ok?" Nik was actually concerned.

"Off day I guess," I replied, not wanting to even poke at the fact that I'm sure I was dying.

                            If I hadn't been paying any attention I would've missed the look between Elijah & Damon. I just wondered if they knew it too.

"Here my love, drink this," Elijah handed me a glass of something & I wasn't about to pass up a drink, my throat was parched.

I downed the drink but I could taste blood, "What was this?"

"Stevie you're bleeding," Damon spoke, getting up from his seat.

"I'm what?" I was now seeing spots in front of my eyes & I could feel myself leaning off to one side.