What Was I, A Potato?

*Anastasia's POV*

                     After knowing what Ric was going to do, my heart dropped & all I could do was sit there & watch. Elijah looked into my eyes, raised my hand to his lips, kissing it & smiled at me. I knew none of it was true but I had become so attached to his character that it was like real life. As soon as I caught Ric at the corner of my eye, I shut my eyes & waited for Elijah's hand to go limp. I didn't want to cry but a single tear betrayed me as I noticed Damon watching me. He had a sympathetic expression on his face, his eyes spotting me still holding Elijah's now grey-veined & kind of dead hand. Damon came over & picked up the original's body, speeding down to the cells in the basement. Ric & I followed close behind him.

Damon had placed the thousand year old vampire on the dusty ground & Ric spoke, "Now, you said there wasn't going to be any violence."

"Says the guy that did all the killing," he replied but seemed to regret it by the way he glanced at me.

"Hey, I took the shot because I saw an opening, not because I planned to do this with Jenna in the house. Now, you can't lie to me like that. Hey, I am your friend; damn it & you don't have any friends. So, no more lying," Ric responded.

Damon looked over at me & nodded his head to follow him. The two of us left Ric to lock up the vampire.

"I think I'll be heading home now Damon," this was all I wanted to do, well besides curl up on the floor beside Elijah.

"Are you sure you want to be by yourself right now? I can drive you there," he questioned; I could feel his eyes on me.

"I know how this ends. I'll just walk home. The fresh air will do me good. I'll see you soon," I could feel my chest getting heavy with heaving sobs that wanted to escape me.

"I'll call you," I heard him say as I walked away from the boarding house.

'You're crying over a fictional character you idiot,' I inwardly told myself off, whilst tears flowed freely.

                              My pace got quicker to the point of running & I never ran, I just wanted to go to my pretend home, cook up some pretend popcorn, watch some pretend TV & curl up in my pretend bed. In fact I wanted to go to sleep & wake up in my real world. Once I got home I did just as I said I would with one alteration, I needed to hear Dayna's voice. I talked with her for a short time as my phone was about to die & gave her a quick rundown on everything that has happened so far. It was so good to talk to someone that was real for a change.

                              For next couple of days I was bombarded by text messages from Damon & another number who I found out was Stefan. They constantly kept me up to date on what was going on. This started with everything from after I left the dinner party that Elijah woke up found out where Elena was & then went to the Lake house only to get himself daggered again but this time keeping the dagger in. Then tonight's text of Klaus had taken over Ric's body & killed Bonnie but not killed Bonnie.

                            I knew what episode we were up to by now which was Season 2 Episode 17. I guess this wasn't too bad I arrived Season 2 Episode 14. I had survived 3 episodes without interfering at all. I wondered how many more episodes I would live in before I got to go home.

                            Any how I would keep track on events & hopefully next time I talked with Dayna she had some more answers to the questions that I had asked her to find out. I picked up my phone to check on the time & it was already after 11pm. I'm not sure why I was exhausted but I was going to get some sleep.