Why Wake Up In Mystic Falls?

*Stefan's POV*

                      I just stood there letting the last statement from Dayna replay on a loop in my head, 'It means if you change the story you may never come back & the lives that are there are also in danger. If you change one little thing, it's like a domino effect & I'm pretty sure no one wants that.'

                       It was true none of us wanted that. This poor human girl sitting in front of us is on like a ticking time bomb. If she tells us what is going to happen in the future & we change what we were originally going to do, it will cost her her life & something unknown to ours. Scary thought when it's put like that.

                        I could hear her mumbling under her breath about a stupid question on Facebook. I'm not exactly sure what a Facebook is but maybe she'll tell us.

"Stevie are you ok?" I went around to sit beside her.

"No. Yes. I don't know. This is a complete & utter fuck-up," she growled into the last of her drink.

"Maybe when Elena gets home I'll talk to her about putting the lake house on hold until we heard back from your friend," I told her.

"No, no you can't do that. That would mean my presence here is intervening with any events going to happen. I need you all to go on like I'm not really here," she got up off the couch.

"That's going to be hard to do that when we know you are here. Maybe we need to gather a few people & try to explain what's going on," I suggested.

"I'll write you a list of them. How did I manage to get into this, I'm a good person, short tempered but still good," she spoke & I'm sure the last part was mainly to herself.

I heard Elena's car pull up & so did Damon, "just let me handle it."

"I wouldn't even know where to start brother," Damon answered as he went over to open the door, "Enjoy your sleepover?"

"Yes I did actually. It was good to spend some time with my friends," Elena said until her eyes lay upon Stevie, "Who's this?"

"Elena, this is Stevie. Stevie you already know who she is," Damon half introduced them.

"It's nice to meet you," Elena offered her hand.

Stevie got up from the couch & returned the gesture but there was something there that I couldn't figure out, "charmed I'm sure."

Elena was giving me her 'who exactly is she' look & I knew I would have to tell her something, "Stevie is here by no fault of her own. Damon found her near The Grill."

"Ok, so she's just moved here then?" she replied, still unsure what I was talking about.

"Not so much moved here but woke up here," I replied.

"That doesn't make any sense. Oh my god, were you kidnapped?" Elena turned to face the new comer.

"Yes & no. It seems that I'm in coma & that my soul & spirit have taken a little holiday here," Stevie explained in her own special way.

"You're not serious, are you?" Elena questioned, trying to get her head around what she was saying, just the same as how Damon & I had been.

"No, I always go to bed in one place & wake in another. Of course I'm fucking serious," I had feeling that Stevie had a short fuse & Elena just found it.

Elena was taken aback by Stevie's bluntness, "I'm sorry, it's just too strange to be real, don't you think?"

                      Both Damon & I caught on that Stevie wasn't a huge fan of Elena to start with & with Elena being Elena, this wasn't going to work out well. Damon stood behind Stevie, lightly securing her before she charged at her. Elena stepped back into my arms when she realised that our mysterious new friend looked as if she was going to kill her.