I Get A Little Moody.

*Klaus' POV*

                  Life was great. The vampire hunter was dead & what better way to celebrate than to have a wake for the old fool. It was a shame that I had to have the school auditorium flooded out, oh well they'll all just have to have it here. I had heard on the grapevine by one of my many hybrids that Anastasia was getting worse & she hasn't been seen in the past few days. I sent one of my minions to invite her to this little shindig. If anything she needs to let her hair down. I had hoped that the human would have gotten home by now. She is here by no fault of her own. I felt for her & I guess that would be a first for me since I try not to but every now & then somebody sneaks through my defenses. I would never tell a soul about that because the amount of enemies I have would take great pleasure in torturing her just to spite me.

                    I stood by one of the bedroom windows in the Lockwood mansion, watching the sheep enjoying some band I compelled to play. My Morning Jacket or something along those lines were playing & the young ones were cheering & dancing away. I spot my ripper & my hybrid but since when were they friends. I tune in on their conversation.

"Hey, Stefan. What's up?" Tyler asked.

"Hey, Tyler. Nice party you got going on here," Stefan replies.

"Thanks, but I'm not the one throwing it. I'm just doing what Klaus wants," he's such a good little hybrid.

"What do you mean?" too many questions there ripper.

"It's not a party, man. It's a wake," Tyler seems happy to do as he's told & it's my turn to be a good host.

"Good evening everyone! I want to thank you all for being here with me to celebrate. It's been a long time coming," I speak into the microphone.

                      Through the crowd of under aged drinkers, I spot her & I admit in that dress, she takes my breath away. I have since found out that she has a thing for my elder brother Elijah. Shame he's not around to see this. I allow the band to keep playing as I exit the stage to catch up with Anastasia, but unfortunately Stefan intercepts me.

"Quite the homecoming," he smiles.

"I've been planning my father's funeral for 1,000 years. Granted, in no version of it were any of these people invited, but you get the idea," I keep my eye on where she is.

"So what now, you just stop running?" it must be 20 questions tonight.

"Now I reunite my family," I would much rather be talking to a certain someone.

"Your family, you mean the people you cart around in caskets?" he enquires.

"None of that matters anymore. Mikael's gone. Bygones will be bygones," a young woman walks by with a tiara on, "Seems the homecoming queen still walks among the living, which leaves me to believe Rebekah isn't here. Where is she?"

"I have no idea. I thought she was coming with Matt," now I can even tell he's lying.

"Oh, be honest now, Stefan. Where's my sister?" I'm starting to lose patience with my ripper.

"I said I have no idea. Now, would you like me to take you to your father?" ok perhaps he doesn't know.

"Well, it wouldn't be a party without the guest of honor, would it? Bring him to me," this will be interesting.

"All right, perhaps there's something in it for me? My freedom from your compulsion," he has got a brass set, hasn't he?

"Oh, you want your freedom? Well, once he's dead & his weapon destroyed, you'll have your freedom. It'll be my pleasure to give it back to you," I tell him & with that he leaves.