Birthday Party

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color
•H/C: Hair Color

------------------

"Sometimes darkness can show you the light."

------------------

Mephiles' POV:

~Flashback~

Pain. That's all I could feel. So much pain consumed my mind and body. My limbs and back ache to the point where I feel I'm on the brink of death, which is likely. I can barely breathe, let alone move, but what happened to me? All I can recall is falling from the sky. Let's just say the ground was not a suitable place to land, for that made my injuries far worse than before.

I don't even know where I am. I can't even turn my head to look around, so I'm stuck gazing up at the darkness of the night and the twinkling stars that surround a quarter moon with half-lidded eyes. I can see a few trees in my line of sight, so I'm guessing I'm in the woods or something like that. I can't hear people, only the sound of crickets chirping in the distance. Very slowly, I turn my head to the left only to wince at the sharp pain in my neck.

I'm surprised to find myself looking at a bunch of bushes acting as a fence for a steep ledge. I wish to get closer to see if I can recognize my surroundings, but I'm barely capable of moving my little finger without being sent to Hell and back with shooting pain. I grunt and squeeze my eyes shut upon feeling another shockwave coursing through my body and desire to curl up, as though that would make it go away. I can't even do that much. I feel so weak and vulnerable out here like this, but I have no choice but to sit still and collect my energy. As I lie there in the grass, my memories of how I came to be here gradually return to my head. The battle between me and those wretched heroes ended badly. With what little strength I had left, I escaped, though, not unscathed, as it would seem. At least out here I may die peacefully.

'If I ever get my strength back, I swear I'll kill them all.' I sigh. I can wish all I want, but I highly doubt I'll get healed well enough to fight again, at least not for a long while. Exhaustion fills me, and my muscles soon relax as I get closer to slumber. I don't try to fight it, though, since I need to sleep to get more energy back.

'I doubt I'll be found any time soon. I might as well rest.'

---------

An annoyed groan escapes me, and my right ear twitches upon hearing a chorus of high pitched voices screaming in unison. My tired eyes slowly open, and I'm met face to face with the cliff.

'The sound's coming from below,' I note. My red and green orbs look up only to close once they're greeted by the bright sun. I find myself momentarily blinded until I blink a couple times to remove the dots from my vision. My curiosity getting the better of me, I begin to inch towards the ledge to see what all the commotion is about. I make it halfway before collapsing onto my stomach. I breathe in sharply through my teeth when pain ignites in my sore body. My multicolored eyes squeeze shut as I focus all my attention on clenching my fists tightly to ignore the unbearable aches.

"Ow! Stop it!" A young boy demands, capturing my attention. My eyes snap open, and a bit of adrenaline fuels me to push onwards. Using all my might, I crawl over to the bushes and push myself to sit up. Thankfully, I don't have to stand to see over them. I don't think I can even manage that.