A Humiliating Request

•Y/N: Your Name

——————————————————

"Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light?"

——————————————————
Mephiles' POV:
___________________________________

——————————————————Mephiles' POV:___________________________________

___________________________________

'I can't believe I'm actually about to do this.' I swallow my pride and knock on the door I had been glaring at for a few minutes now in contemplation. I, then, cross my arms and turn away to wait for an answer, trying to calm my nerves. Fortunately, yet also unfortunately, the door opened, and I slowly turned around to face a familiar, white-haired male who naturally seemed surprised to see me. I shove down the urge to leave but cannot help looking away from his eyes.

"What are you doing here? What do you want?" Silver asks defensively. I answer him in a quiet voice, wishing to just teleport away from this place, but I had a reason for coming here.

"Y/N and I have decided to get married, and though I had tried to convince her otherwise, she wanted to invite the lot of you. Feel grateful."

"Married? Seriously?" With a dropped jaw, he opens the door wider. His excitement made me groan.

'Why must I subject myself to this?' I think back to the conversations I've had with Y/N over the last few days, how she had begged me to allow them at the ceremony. She managed to get me to cave through a guilt trip, telling me how nicely they had treated her during her stay with them and how she doesn't have many friends to begin with. I'm still not too keen on having the heroes near either of us, but I could not help giving in to her request.

"Yes..." I trail off, trying to build the courage to ask something else, but my silence runs long, so Silver speaks instead.

"Oh, wow. Um... I guess I'll go tell the others, then. Thanks for inviting us." Naturally, he seemed a little unsure. We are enemies, after all. For me to tell him this out of the blue must be surprising.

"Wasn't my idea," I grumble, but heave a sigh a moment after. Again, I take too long gaining the will to say my second request, and he laughs nervously.

"Uh, bye, then." Just as he went to close the door, I blocked it with my hand, my head bending forward to look at the ground. My action made Silver jump a little.

"Wait, I'm not finished yet," I growl out in irritation, causing him to go into a defensive stance. I roll my eyes at this. "I need you to..." I speak the rest of my words inaudibly, leading the male to quirk a brow at me.