Unrealistic Expectations

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color

----------------------

"Swallowed in this darkness, the shadows of our memories haunt me. You let my trust betray me."

-Fariixa

----------------------

Your POV:

The dreadfully terrifying look in Mephiles' dual-colored orbs sends daggers through my heart, making me feel incredibly afraid and uncomfortable to be in the same room as him. Sadly, my fears had come true. Mephiles truly doesn't want me here.

'I should've stayed home.' I hang my head to break eye contact with the male.

'This really was a mistake.'

"You should have known better than to come back here, my dove." Just the way he called the nickname he gave me sent shivers down my spine. What was once said in an affectionate manner had turned to something more venomous and cold. It actually made me want to cry. I feel like a little kid that's being scolded for taking a cookie out of a jar without permission. There's a moment of silence between us before he speaks again. "What the hell were you thinking?"

"Meph-"

"Why did you come back?!" He shouts, cutting me off, angrily. I gulp, my body trembling. I don't like him when he's like this.

"I...I just wanted to see-"

"Seeing me again doesn't count as an excuse! I sent you back home so that I'd never have to see you again! When I put you somewhere, I expect you to stay there!" One of his hands harshly grip my jaw, the pointy nails sinking past the flesh slightly, causing the skin to break and blood to ooze out. Tears prick my E/C eyes from the painful sensation

"M-Mephiles, y-you're hurting me," I mention in a soft voice, hoping I wouldn't anger him more by saying something. Sadly, I was wrong once more, and he begins yelling at me in a louder tone.

"Good, I hope it does! Because of you, I'm going to have to kill every single one of your little, rebel friends and you as well! First, though, I'm going to make you regret ever coming back to this realm." A bright light blinds me for a few moments. I have to blink my eyes a couple times to regain vision, but before that happens, soft lips press against mine.