Murderous Plot

•Y/N: Your Name

——————————————————

"When darkness branches to your soul, light still finds a way to rise."

——————————————————
Mephiles' POV:
___________________________________

——————————————————Mephiles' POV:___________________________________

___________________________________

With claws laced in my hair, I pace the living room to clear my head, while Y/N remains in the bedroom, probably scared out of her mind.

'What am I doing? I promised to stop this. I wanted them out, but that doesn't excuse me raising my voice at her too.' I was just so overwhelmed with anger. Nazo's threat to take her had sent me over the edge. I would never allow such a thing to happen. I sigh deeply and lower my arms.

'She must hate me. She trusted me to change, and yet look what I've done. I have to apologize to her.' Gaining the courage, I return to the bedroom to find Y/N curled up on the bed, gripping her arms and shivering. Her quiet sobbing forms an ache in my soul as I near her.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry." Though I had spoke softly, she had flinched and curled up more with her eyes shut tight. My ears flatten against my head as I sit down by her feet. "I shouldn't have yelled."

"You could have killed him," she mutters so quietly, I almost didn't hear her.

'Right, of course that's what she'd be more concerned with.'

"That, I will not apologize for, but I wasn't trying to traumatize you either. For that, I am deeply sorry. Regardless, I don't want you to forgive me this time. I don't deserve forgiveness. I didn't deserve it before, and I don't deserve it now, so I don't want to hear those words come out of your mouth." Nearly, my breath hitched as I looked down at the floor.

"Mephiles?" I struggle to look into those frightened eyes. Why, she looks just like a doe facing down a hunter's gun. It makes my guilt worsen. I must be destined to bring her misery. "Why do you keep doing things like this? You keep losing yourself to anger."

"It's... What I know, I suppose. I don't enjoy being pushed around, and I certainly don't like how they have treated and talked to you. I'm usually more level-headed, but..." I trail off, glaring down at my bloodied claws as I spread the long fingers apart.

"When it involves you, I just lose it. Perhaps it's because I don't want you to be taken away from me. I don't want to exist without you anymore." I space out, staring at my hand. It wasn't until Y/N set a hand on my cheek that I snapped back to reality. Unable to look at her again, I close my eyes before facing her, rubbing my face against her palm, that warm energy flowing through me. It was enough to almost bring me to tears. I had even felt them prick the corners of my eyes.