Bound in Chains

Author's Note:

To avoid confusion, I will state that the following chapter takes place after Sonic and Shadow part from Silver and Espio, following the path of the former pair to explain what they did with Mephiles.

~Enjoy, my lovelies~

——————

•Y/N: Your Name

——————

"Guilt indeed is a worse punishment, but it is applicable only for unintended mistakes, not for the intended ones. Deliberate harm never minds about all that guilt factors."

——————

Author's POV:

The familiar, earthy smell of the underground fills the senses of the blue blur and Shadow as they trudge through the city they've been forced to live in for years for the sake of everyone's safety. The pride they felt as they dragged the unconscious body of the villain who caused all of them harm through the streets was unimaginable, especially as crowds of people cheered at the sight of them. At last, this dreadful war could end. The sounds of victory cause Mephiles to stir, which Shadow was quick to notice. Knowing it'd be bad if he woke up now, the red-eyed male pounds the creature in the back of the head to ensure he remains unconscious. Eventually, they stop in front of a cement tower that holds an elevator leading down into a hall of isolated cells. None have been used... until today. Shadow pulls open one of the heavy, metal doors before carelessly throwing his enemy inside the windowless room, likely leaving bruises all over Mephiles' pale flesh. A smirk twitches at the corners of his lips as he turns to his blue-haired friend. The expression in his red orbs reveal just how happy he is to finally be locking up this menace for good.

"Go find Knuckles so we can finish this," he orders, voice still firm, since this is not over yet. They still need to make sure he can't use his powers in here to escape and catch the other bad guys before they can relax. Sonic gives a silly grin while mock saluting, causing Shadow to roll his eyes at him, before speeding off. The red-eyed male then takes to glaring at the figure slumped over on the floor in disgust as he waits for Sonic and Knuckles to come running in with the Master Chaos Emeralds in hand. They don't take long, knowing the urgency of this task.

"All right, then, let's get started."

——————

"Man, that took forever," Sonic comments while wiping the sweat from his brow and leaning against the stone wall to support his exhausted body. Creating the chains was a lot more draining than they thought, but worth it if they work. The other two nod their heads in agreement while catching their breath before a small grunt catches their ears. Simultaneously, their heads turn towards the man on the floor, who starts to stir. "He's waking up."

"Back up," Shadow demands as he backs away to a safe distance. The others follow suit and watch with nervous, yet hopeful, looks.

'Please, work.'

Mephiles' POV:

Pained groans erupt from my throat as my eyelids struggle to open. My eyes roll around in a daze, unable to see properly, and my limbs feel like they weigh hundreds of pounds.