My Dear Valentine

•Y/N: Your Name

—————————————————

"There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights."

—————————————————
Your POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————Your POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

At home, I paced the floors, as I have been for the past few days, my thoughts abuzz in my mind as I consider the cons and pros of my plan. I have not had a restful sleep since I've started plotting, so I felt a bit weak. My head aches from all this thinking, but I cannot stop myself when it is so important. The calendar catches my attention when I glance over to it, noticing that tomorrow's date is marked in red marker with a heart. Upon closer inspection, I realize that it will be Valentine's Day. I smile warmly at this as I think about treating Mephiles to a Valentine's surprise. I think he could use a little cheering up. I give a loud yawn and look over to the bed with sleepy eyes.

'I should really get some sleep. I can set the surprise up in the morning. I think I'll need Silver's help, though.'

              In the morning, I meet up with Silver and ask him to bring me back to my world for a quick shopping trip. The first place I go is Grandma Margaret's flower shop to pick out some roses. She was happy to see me, so I stopped to chat for a little while before going on my way to a nearby candy store for chocolates, deciding on a few different flavors of truffles to fill the small box: blueberry, orange, strawberry, coconut and caramel. Hopefully, he'll like them. I remember he once said that he did not necessarily need to eat, but even entities of darkness would probably like a treat from time to time.

Once I'm finished, I meet up with Silver at a jewelry store, where he had apparently purchased Blaze a necklace, which I thought was nice. We travel back to his world before going our separate ways. I go home to make a handmade card to place in the bouquet before gathering everything and taking it underground to Mephiles' cell. I gift Knuckles a rose on my way in, surprisingly gaining a faint blush from him, which I found amusing. As the door shuts behind me, I smile brightly at the figure seated on the floor.

"Hey, Mephiles." The man smiles softly at me, seeming a bit exhausted, which fills me with worry. "Are you okay? You don't look well." Crouching in front of him, I place a hand to his forehead, which caused him to shut his eyes for a moment. He's been hitting it again, I'm sure of it. The bruise and heat start to fade gradually under my touch, which caused him to ease against it.

"It's nothing," he assures. "I'm just feeling a little under the weather."

"Do you think I can heal it? I know I can fix bruises and cuts, but maybe it works on illnesses as well?" He nods, opening his eyes, so I seat myself beside him, touching his side and lacing my fingers with his. "I've brought you some things," I say while pulling out the roses and chocolates from the tote bag I had slung over my shoulder. This shocks him.