Bending the Hands of Time

___________________________________
Author's Note:
___________________________________

To make things easier on you, past Mephiles' dialogue will be italicized, like this,

While present Mephiles will continue to speak in bold, like this, when they're speaking to each other.

—————————————————

•Y/N: Your Name
•H/L: Hair Length

—————————————————

"Life isn't just about darkness or light; rather, it's about finding light within the darkness."

—Landon Parham

—————————————————
Your POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————Your POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

I step foot onto lush, green grass, standing amongst towering trees with a dark sky above, almost no difference to the place we had been with only one difference, a familiar cabin, where we had once lived. Even though I had only been there a short while, I was still able to recognize it. This is the place where Shadow had posed as Mephiles to trick and cast me into the woods. He never changed. If only he was someone who could be reasoned with. Perhaps, then, we wouldn't be out here now. We could've talked this out and wouldn't have to worry about being hunted down.

"Why this place?" I wonder, knowing there were many points in time he could've gone to to fix things.

"Because at this point, I had been aware of my feelings for you, or had started to anyways. This is right before I left to meet with those who also wished to end the heroes. It is right before things spiraled. If there is a chance we can be together in the future, this is the place to start." Just as he explained things, a younger Mephiles stepped out of the house before walking into the woods. It was odd to see him in two places at once, to see their differences. My Mephiles seems so worn in comparison because of his experiences, while the other seems excited to start his journey into chaos. Dear lord, I hope this works. "Here goes nothing. Stay here for now. I'll talk to him... me." I nod, and with a deep sigh, he releases my hand and steps into his younger self's path. Taken aback, he jumped a little with widened eyes, having not expected to meet himself out in the forest.

"What? What is this? Why are you... Why am I..." Seems he didn't know what to say but silenced when his older self had raised his claw.