Crimson Rain

•Y/N: Your Name

—————————————————

"I am not afraid of the dark. I'm more afraid of not finding the light once again."

—————————————————
Your POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————Your POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

I wake up shivering when morning comes around and cuddle closer to the person lying beside me in desperate search of warmth, thinking it was Mephiles until I realized that was not right. I hated opening my eyes to find it's Nazo I'm embracing. Since I was already aware of this, I did not freak out, but it did feel awkward. With the agreement that I'd heal him, it only made sense that I maintained physical contact. To sleep next to him was the easiest solution.

It was either that or hold his hand all the time, and that was something I didn't want to do. Mephiles wouldn't be too fond of it either. I sigh and carefully draw my arms away as to not wake him before moving silently off the bed. I rub my frigid arms to warm them as I check the closet for a jacket. I could've grabbed one of mine, but there was one in particular that I wanted. I smile upon spotting Mephiles' coat and slip it on, immediately welcomed by its warmth. It was heavy from the crystals, and it's torn in some places with holes on the back for his spines, but none of that bothered me. It carried his presence with it. I walk out into the hall and wander into the living room, where Mephiles is asleep on the couch.

'Seems I'm the only one up. Must still be early.' Breathing a long sigh, I sit on the floor, beside the slumbering male, and fold my arms on what wasn't occupied to rest my chin on them. My eyelids droop slightly as I observe his peaceful features and look over his hair, which is getting rather long.

'I wonder if he'd like to get it cut? There are scissors in one of the kitchen drawers. They're not hairdressing scissors, but they should work well enough,' I think to myself while playing with the ends of a couple strands to entertain myself. I keep my action slow and gentle as not to wake him while my eyes drift up to the hedgehog-like ears that are tipped in stunning crystal. Ever since we came home from our shopping trip in my world, he has made himself look this way again. My guess is to intimidate the others. I run my finger along one of the ears, starting at the sharp and smooth crystal and ending at the soft, fuzzy base. It twitches, and I reel back as I'm startled by a gravelly voice.

"You don't have to stop. I don't mind," he purrs out, getting me flustered just a bit.

'Has he been awake this whole while?' Lightly, my head shakes at him as a small smile tugs at my lips, though he could not see it through his sealed eyelids, and go back to touching his hair.