Memorable Melodies

•Y/N: Your Name

—————————————————

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."

—————————————————
Knuckles' POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————Knuckles' POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

I wake up early morning with a loud yawn and stretch out my arms before groggily getting out of bed. It was nice to finally get some proper shut eye. I'll have to thank Y/N for taking over last night. After making a cup of coffee to keep myself energized for the day, I head for the prison to relieve her of her guard duties. The mug slipped out of my hand and shattered when I found the cell door wide open and instantly went into a panic when I heard shouting and alarms. Racing through the halls to figure out what's going on, I am shocked to learn that Mephiles wasn't the only one to escape. Y/N was nowhere to be found either.

"Shit!" I shout before hurrying aboveground. My first stop is Shadow's house, and I don't stop banging on the door until he answers. "Shadow! Shadow, we have a big problem! Open the goddamn door, now!" Soon enough, the door is swung open to reveal the irritated male who's eyebrow twitches in annoyance.

"What's the deal, Knuckles?" he grumbles, clearly having just woken up.

"They escaped! They all escaped!"

"Hey, what's going on over there?" We both look up to a window in the house beside Shadow's. There, Silver rubs the sleep out of his eyes as he looks down at the two of us in confusion and worry.

"All the prisoners have escaped! We have to find them!"

"Oh no," Silver's face seems to pale as his ears flatten against his head.

"Shit! How did they all get out!?" Shadow exclaims.

"I don't know! Last night I let Y/N take care of my shift, and—"

"Wait! Did you just say Y/N took your shift?" Silver shouts, leaning out of the window with a fearful look on his face. I nod my head and he grabs his head in horror, his eyes growing wide. "Oh, no! I should've known! Oh, this is so bad, so very bad!"

"What are you freaking out about up there, Silver? It's not like she'd actually be stupid enough to let them out. Besides, there's no way she could've been able to do it on her own," I assure him. The door to Mephiles' cell alone is too heavy for her to open.

"You don't understand! She warned me this would happen! She wanted him to walk free! I didn't think they'd actually be able to escape!"

"You're kidding! After everything, why would she let them out!? That girl is an idiot! Wake everyone up! We are leaving now!"