Wedding Day

•Y/N: Your Name
•M/N: Mother's Name

—————————————————

"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

—Sarah Williams

—————————————————
Author's POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————Author's POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

Y/N shuffled anxiously in her wedding gown, fondling the white folds of fabric of the skirt, having jitters once again now that the day has finally arrived.

It wasn't the wedding itself. The decorations are beautiful and the dress her friends had gifted her is perfect, but again, her thoughts drifted to whether or not she should walk down that aisle so soon. It took a couple months to prepare, but was that enough time to properly make up her mind? She thought so, but as the clock ticks closer, she questioned her own judgement. She does her best not to let these thoughts get the better of her and stays strong, reviewing all her reasons for saying yes to him in the first place. Mephiles had worked hard to put this ceremony together. She wasn't about to let all that go to waste. Y/N jumped at the sound of a knock and quickly spun her head towards the door.

"Come in." She gasped as her mother rushed into the room before ensnaring her daughter into a bone-crushing hug, crying heavily on her shoulder, while Y/N was in shock.

"Oh thank goodness, you're really okay! I was so scared something bad had happened." The older woman sobs as her daughter's arms fit snugly around her trembling form. "Then, some man brought me here telling me he knew where you were, and these other people told me to come to this room. Why are you in a wedding dress?" Y/N sighs, knowing she'll have to tell her the whole story of what happened.