Of Dark and Light

•Y/N: Your Name

—————————————————

"Normal people have no idea how beautiful the darkness is."

—————————————————
Your POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————Your POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

The night was peaceful up until there was a loud and frantic knock on the door that woke the both of us with a start. Mephiles was the first to jump out of bed and was already out of the room by the time I did the same. The knocker is persistent to get our attention at this ungodly hour, not pausing for even a moment. With narrowed eyes, Mephiles uses a claw to lower a small section of the window blinds, seeming ready to tear the person on the other side apart, which formed a deep pit in my stomach. I wanted to ask who it was, but that might've alerted the person behind the door. I get my answer, regardless, when the shouting started.

"Mephiles, Y/N, wake up! Wake up, please! You have to get out of here now! The others know your position! If you don't leave now, Shadow will kill the both of you! Listen to me, please!" Silver sounded so desperate, though he hadn't shouted at the top of his lungs, probably to make sure no one else around would hear. He continues knocking, hoping for some kind of sign that we heard him. "Mephiles, please, I don't want to see her get hurt! Do one good thing in your life, and take her far away from here!"

"Mephiles, let him in," I plead in a low whisper as he growls. "He's trying to help us."

"This could be a trap," he says, unconvinced as he backs away from the window towards me protectively. "The second we open the door, we can be ambushed." He couldn't hear the sincerity in Silver's voice that I could, but I understood why. He had every reason to be suspicious, and even if Silver has good intentions, who's to say that no one followed him here?

"We'd be trapped either way. Where else can we go?" There is a back door, but if Silver was followed, then it was likely that would be cut off as well. His ears pin back in frustration before they perk when a light goes off in his head.

"To the bedroom, quick." With a hand on my back, he hurriedly ushers me back there, and the first thing I grab is my bag as he walks up to the nightstand. I shove in clothes from the closet, my heart seeming to pound in time with Silver's knocks as frightened tears fill my eyes. I hope this plan doesn't involve bloodshed. My eyes grow wide in surprise when Mephiles takes out the chaos emerald Nazo had before shutting the drawer.

"I found this while we were cleaning up. Nazo had no time to take his belongings with him." He crouches at my side and rests a hand on my back. "We have to leave now. Don't be frightened. I'll protect you with my life. Shadow will never get his hands on you." Sniffling, I nod my head, glad he was choosing to flee and not fight. He helps me stand, and I sling the bag over my shoulder before hugging him tight. We jump when it sounds as though the door had busted open, and hurriedly, Mephiles transports us someplace we've never been before. I don't think it was on Möbius, as there was green grass and trees all over the place, not a sign of war or rubble in sight. The night was quiet with the exception of crickets, and the air is a little chilly, enough to make me shiver.