An Offer (Competing part 2)

Your smile widened as you flew through the air with your eyes shut, one hand held out for the rope you knew would be waiting for you. It touched your hand and you grabbed onto it, swinging yourself up and onto the platform just beside it and raising your arms and opening your eyes with a flourish. The crowd went wild and then silent as Joker walked into the ring, flashing a fond smile at you before facing the crowd.

You smiled as he held up his arm and bowed, giving you the signal you needed.

From your position on the platform you could see the crowd watching with anticipation for the trick they were waiting for, you figured you may as well give them a show to remember, right?

So you simply walked off the platform, grabbing onto a rope nearer down and swinging yourself into the air. You twisted yourself up side down, with one arm down to springboard yourself off of Joker's back. He barely made a sound as you made contact and wore the biggest smile out of everyone when you landed and he straightened up, clapping happily. You laughed quietly when he walked over and ruffled your hair.

"E' did well there, little one. Dagger's waiting backstage for e'." You nodded and skipped off after bowing to the adoring crowd.

It had been a week since Beast had screamed at you and you hadn't seen her since. She had been in a few of the shows, or at least the ones you had watched in your free time, for a while but then vanished. You hadn't seen her in a show for a nearly a week now. Joker simply said she was in her tent, but each time you had checked, her tent was empty.

"It went well then?" Dagger walked over to you with a smile, throwing and catching one of his knives as he did. You nodded and sat down on a hay bale nearby, pulling off your shoes. The damn things were evil on your poor feet.

"Yeah, it gets better each time, although I'm still worried I'll hurt Joker." Your eyes wandered to the curtain that led to the ring. Dagger laughed and sat next to you.

"Nah, Joker's got a hardy back, and you're light as a feather milady." You giggled and stood up, walking over to a mirror and removing your hair clips and wrapping the scarf Joker gave you around your neck.

"Well, he doesn't seem to be complaining I suppose... Oh, hi Black! Is Smile not with you tonight?" You looked at the tall man as he walked up to you. He bowed slightly and smiled.

"No, he doesn't feel well and is with the doctor. I came here to say that he can't perform with you tomorrow." Your face fell, Smile had been looking a little sad so you asked if he wanted to perform with you tin tomorrow's night show. He agreed and looked decidedly happier.

"Oh, that's okay, I can visit him in a minute anyway. Are you okay, Black? You look awful worried." The performer assured you he was perfectly fine and walked off. You shrugged and looked at Dagger to see him getting ready for his performance.

"Will you be okay, milady?" You nodded.

"Yeah, I'll be with Smile and the doctor if you need me." He nodded and went into the ring while you went to the medical tent.

***

"So I'm kinda worried about her even though she hates me." You sighed and sat back in your chair with your scarf pulled up, Smile thinking for a minute before answering. You had poured your heart out to him in regards to Beast's disappearance.

"Do Joker and Dagger act like they know something?" He had a way of speaking that reminded you of the family you abandoned.

"Yeah, but I'm not sure I want to know what that is." The young boy snorted.

"Then why are you bothered?" You growled.

"Because I'm worried about her!" At this the younger boy sighed.

"Seb- I mean Black said he over heard Joker and Dagger talking about getting rid of Beast permanently." Your eyes widened.

"You mean..." you paled as you trailed off. Smile nodded.

"Yeah, they murdered her." You clapped a hand to you mouth but E didn't seem to be finished. "They also appear to murder anyone who hurts you in any way, be it purposely or accidentally." The surroundings swirled and shifted in and out of focus.

"I have to get out of here..." you said quietly.

"Then come with us," a silky voice said. You looked up to see Black with Smile sat on one arm dressed in the finery of...

"You're a noble?" You swayed as you stood and clutched onto your chair to help you balance. How long had you been out of it? Smile had changed his clothes after all and had been ill.,

"I am Earl Ciel Phantomhive, this is the head butler of my estate." Black bowed and said with a smile.

"Sebastian Michaelis, miss." Ciel looked at you kindly, one hand held out towards you.

"I can help you get out of here, miss, will you let me help you?" At the time, you probably should have noticed the shadows outside of the tent and heard the soft growls that accompanied them. However your vision was slowly turning black and it was all you could do to nod and mutter a soft affirmative before everything escaped you.

***

With a snarl, the blonde haired figure turned away and punched a nearby tree, his fiery temper bubbling over. His partner merely stood cloaked in shadows as he watched the tall butler walk away with the girl they loved. It would not be wise to oppose him just yet.

"So we turn our backs for not even five minutes and the Earl Phantomhive get his stupid hands on her of all the people to-" the blonde punched the tree again, breathing heavily. The other figure turned with a sigh, his snarl cloak billowing in the breeze.

"We'll get her back, Dagger, don't e' worry."

"She left with the Earl Joker! She found out that we killed Beast!" The one called Joker sighed.

"The little one hates villainous nobles, right?" The one called Dagger nodded as he pulled out one of his knives and stared longingly at the shining blade.

"What is the Earl Phantomhive?" Suddenly Dagger grinned, a feral thing that was to be feared. His eyes shone in the shadows.

"A villainous noble." Joker smiled too, and began to walk to the first tier tents.

"Then all we have to do, is tell her the truth. Soon enough the little one will be back in our arms."

"How soon?" There was a dark laugh from Joker.

"Very soon indeed."