A saviour

God... what have I done?

Bubbles spewed through his pale blue lips as Ciel watched with a blank stare as the surface grew ever further away from him. He didnt have the energy to swim up, he could barely think straight, his mind was so foggy... He couldnt remember much either... He remembered a face, and a pretty smile. He heard a soft voice lulling him into calm as he slowly awoke... why? Had he been sleeping?

"What the hell have you done?!" Ciel heard the once soft voice now shrill with panic, as gentle hands grabbed his clothing and yanked him up. It seemed like an eternity until they broke the surface and his body was dropped on the sandy ground.

"Are you insane?!" The voice came again. "You're human! Water can kill you! Why the hell would you jump in like that without any kind of safety device?!" Ciel chuckled weakly as the voice's body cradled his, gently strokig his hair back, soft fingers dancing over his eyepatch.

"I wanted the truth... I didnt care how I got it..." There was a deep sigh as the voice continued to stroke his hair.

"I will never understand you humans... what is your obsession with finding an answer to everything? I cant see why-- oh no." There was a panicked gasp followed by shuffling and panicked mewls. Ciel felt another set of hands pick him up.

"What a filthy creature," Sebastian said, a snarl in his voice. "And to think you believed you had the right to touch my master? How dare you?" The fear was palable as there was another shuffle, something on sand, and a trembling voice:

"He jumped in! I was bringing him back to the surface and staying with him until someone came! I didnt expect him to be demon chow!" There was a dark chuckle as Ciel was placed back down. There were footsteps, and shuffling, panicked breathing, silence.

A cry.

Ciel fought to open his eyes, to regain his ability to move. He screamed internally as he failed and failed and failed again, all the while to the soundtrack of terrible cries from a wonderful voice.

~*~

Tears streamed down your face as you tried to pull yourself back into yhe waves. Your tail was useless, a large gash down it's length ruining both its beauty and its movement. When you'd rescued and watched that boy, you never realised this would result.

You sobbed as you were dragged back by your tail, blood coatig your hands where the nails had been torn and ripped. You wanted to be home, with your friends, in the water where you were safe to do and watch as you wished.

"Please," you whispered. "Let me go and you will never see me again. Never again will I go near your contract, never again will I see nor interact with him... please, just let me go home." The demon laughed, his claret eyes filled with sick amusement. Your own eyes widened as you realised, that this was it. All those beautiful, wonderful years on Earth... and this was it.

"You touched my master, and for that, Im afraid I simply cannot forgive you, no matter how much you cry with those beautiful big eyes of yours." His smirk turned into a sickening grin as he rose the kitchen knife, the blade glinting dangerously as the light caught it. In that moment, all you could think of was how beautifully savage it looked. Like a rose with thorns...

"Se... Sebastian, sto--" The young boy collapsed into coughing. The demon immediatly dropped you, by his master's side within an instant. You took your chance to drag yourself back into the water, biting your lip so as not to cry out as the salty sea water stung your injured tail, now marred in its beauty.

Dear Poisidon... how were you supposed to get home now? The currents wouldnt take you there, and the day wad slowly turning to night, so you couldnt ask for any of the sea creatures to help you.