A Single Breath

I imagine Ciel to be around his early 20s in this one shot

****

"Oh Ciel," you breathed gently, leaning back against the lush wallpaper that coated the walls in the drawing room, your eyes focused on Ciel as you tried to bury your anger. He sipped at his tea and regarded you with cold eyes as you chuckled drily.

"Yes, (y/n)?" You shook your head, adjusting your clothing slightly as you shifted against the wall.

"It was so hard to find you... ironic really, isnt it? Being the Queen's Guard Dog, you'd think that you would be easier to find, but nobody was willing to say where to find you. They were too worried you'd show up for their final moments." There was a dry "ha" from Ciel as he set down his cup and peirced you with his gaze.

"And I'm considering making these your final breaths. Why have you turned up on my doorstep like a foul smell?" At this you simply laughed.

"Because I have unfinished business with you, brat. For years you have plagued me and my family... but now? Now I have a reason to finally end this. I used to be scared, in fact, I still am, but I need to end this." What you didnt tell him was that in a cozy house far enough away, you had a small child who was happily sat with your partner, probably playing with dolls and your books.

"And what is this reason?" He seemed genuinly interested, probably because he wanted your bloodline to end.

"Self-preservation, and too many dreams to let go off that will die if I let this go on."

"Do you plan to kill me?"

"No, I couldnt. I know I cant step up to a demon bitch, even on a lead... but maybe soon, yes." Both looked at you with surprise as you spoke.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Sebastian was the first to speak, his eyes holding amusement. His confidemce would be his downfall, you swore.

"Whatever you assume it to mean. I wont be telling you, only showing you when I can." Ciel was silent befire he suddenly swore and stormed off out of the room. The demon bitch stayed, watching you carefully as you turned to look out the window at the gardens... oh memories, such joy.

It was an honour, they had all said, to be invited to the Phantomhive manor, to dine with the young Earl. All the whispers said of how the butler had an unnatural beauty, and the Earl was the perfect gentleman...

But then, how had this happened?

You were knelt on the grassy flooring, blood soaking you as you held the body of your beloved mother in yiur arms, sobbing as you realised you couldnt hear her heart anymore. Near by lay the cold body of your father, his hand outstretched to reach towards you. He hadnt reached far enough.

Your eyes were dragged up as you heard soft foot-falls hit the grass, and hatred blossomed in your chest like blood on snow as Ciel Phantomhive smirked down at you. His so-called "perfect" butler chuckled.

"It appears we have a small rodent here, my lord... should I get rid of it for you?" Ciel shrugged his shoulders dismissevly as he sauntered off, brushing away flecks of blood from his face -- remnants of your shot father.

"No, not yet. Let it go, and wait until it has a life and family... then kill them all. I want them to fucking suffer." The butler looked disappointed that he couldnt kill you, but nodded, dropping onto one knee as the words that would haunt you rang out through the silent night.

"Yes, My Lord."

"Who have you been talking to? You must have allies, so who are they?" Ciel had returned, absolutely livid as he interrogated you.

"Of course I have allies. Thats how I stayed alive. But you must be insane if you truly believe I will divulge their names." There was a growl and a soft thwump as Ciel dropped onto the sofa.

"Then whats this magic trick you have? I want to know what I am up against."

"Thats too easy. I want you to "fucking suffer" as you once wished for me to do so. I'm only repaying the favour, Ciel."

"Sebas--"

"If you call for your bitch to kill me, I can personally assure you that you will have more supernatural creatures hunting your weakly pathetic ass down for weeks, months, even centuries if they have to until they are finally able to bring that smug shit-fest of a head back to me." You took a deep breath and quietened your voice. "So I suggest that you refrain from killing me."

"From what you said, it appears to be pointless anyway." You chuckled quietly, turning away from the mirror and walking slowly to the door.

"Very much so, as you'll discover soon enough." You paused at the door.

"You're leaving?" You nodded, turning slightly to look Ciel in the eye, determination burning in your gaze as you thought about your beautiful little child.

"Ciel, I hope you never take a single breath without remembering all those you took away."