Merry Christmas (part 2!!)

It was quiet within the Phantomhive manor, with only dust motes dancing in the air like tiny fairies, bringing magic into a once cold place. Through the halls there was pure silence, but not the kind that was harsh and suffocating, no, it was kind, and comforting. The kind of silence you have when all is complete and theres not a single thing wrong with the world.

Outside however...

"Take that Ciel!" A ball of snow was flung in the young earl's direction, and a grunt was heard as it hit him in the face. You shrieked with laughter, but it soon turned to a scream as Alois then aimed for you.

"You aint getting away from me, (y/n)!" Across the gardens you ran, kicking up snow as you did. There was laughter as Sebastian came to stand beside Ciel.

"(Y/n) seems rather happy, wouldnt you say?" Ciel nodded, watching you with a smile. It had been so long... so long since he had been able to smile so genuinly and love someone as he did you.

"Quite, but author-chan doesnt look too happy. I wonder what happened?" Both turned to look over to the doorway to the manor.

"I have a cold, you idiots," I muttered, daring to walk out in the snow. "I have three freaking layers on and I'm still bloody freezing and-- ah-- shit--" I froze before suddenly lunging for my bag and grabbing a tissue, just in time for a massive sneeeze.

"Keep your germs away from me, please." Ciel smiled but took a step back. I snarled.

"Oi, this aint my fault. All I've been doing is sitting in the bleeding library and writing." There was a chuckle from Sebastian.

"And seeing your friend when she finished work."

"Yeah well she invited herself over... its what best friends do."

"Do they also pass along illnesses?" That got a wry look.

"Eh, no... thats cause I'm an idiot and-- ow! Fuck!" Claude sighed, walking up.

"Author-chan, please be careful with your nose, its already bled once before. We do not wish for a repeat." Ciel chuckled.

"All you was cry, and that only made it worse."

"I wasnt crying! My eyes were watering from the pain."

"Sure..."

"Sebastian! Help me!" You suddenly came running out of nowhere, dashing over to the butler and hiding behind him.

"Oh, hi author-chan! Still got that cold, huh?" You smiled even as a snowball sailed past. I chuckled and grabbed some snow, coughing as a did.

"Well, my chest hurts like all hell and my nose is red raw, but damn me if I aint having a snowball fight with the psychotic sunshine ball." My shoddy snowball flew and smacked right into my target. You giggled as I bowed slightly.

"I shant give you my illness, but I have obtained revenge for you, my friend."

"Yeah!" You grinned and packed a snowball. "Wanna try and get Ciel next?" I made a second snowball, turning to you with a somewhat dark smile.

"It would be an absolute honour."

You rushed off after the midget in blue, leaving ne staring after you with a smile. Despite it being so burning cold outside, you made it seem so warm.

Happy holidays, (y/n). I wish you every happiness.

***

Hey guys!

The cold thing is actually true, I was full of it for a good week which was odd for me. I know it was bad because I actually got sympathy from my mum, but Im all good now. And my nose did actually start bleeding round the edges because I had to constantly wipe it.

Anyways, happy holidays whatever they may be, and though its been a pretty shitty year all round, I hope with all my heart that you guys find every happiness you can. I know you deserve it more than you may think, and Im proud to call you guys my readers.

Seriously, I always have this stupid little grin when I talk about you guys, you're so sweet and patient, I often wonder how I was this lucky.

Now, as I said before, Im gonna go quiet again, until January. Its now more of a case of simply needing to spend some happy time with my family. We havent had much this year, and its only going to get harder, so I wanna make the most of it.

I had maybe about 7 chapters written? Maybe more, and they'll hopefully be posted once or twice a week, Im still trying to work that one out. Im thinking maybe Mondays and Thursdays, but Im not sure at the moment.

Anyways, happy holidays, and heres to the hope that we can enjoy them in peace and happiness.

Until the next time,
My lord/lady/friend

And as always,

With love,
Chloe.