The Set Up (By The FABULOUS Alois Trancy xoxo)

Dedicated to all those people who voted for this story line (number 3), sorry it took so long to come out, things have just been piling up on me, and I haven't exactly been handling it well. But writing these makes me feel better, so its all good guys!

~~~

Alois Trancy could be a great many things, Claude mused. Cruel, bratty, petulant, cold, calculating and possessive to name but a few. But never, ever had Claude actually witnessed Alois being kind, let alone be on the receiving end of that kindness.

"You've been watching that chick for weeks, Claude, don't think I didn't notice. She's all your eyes search for these days. What, you got a crush on her?" Claude said nothing, only watching you walk past with your friends, laughing at something one of them said. He only wished he could make you laugh like that. Alois sighed, standing up and signalling to Hannah to carry his bags. It had been over a century now since Claude and Alois had broken their contract, and over a century since Hannah swore upon her demon hood to stay by Alois' side, despite his refusal to make another contract with her.

"Look, Claude, I can't tell you what to do anymore, nor do I really want to. I don't trust you, nor do I really like you, but I still hold some weird sort of affection for you, so look, I'll give you some advice." Claude turned to look at him, seeing Alois was actually being sincere. "Tell her how you feel, otherwise you'll just creep her out and scare her off. Then you'll be lonely and un-liked. Trust me when I say that make life a lot harder. I'll see you round." Alois lifted his hand in farewell as he sauntered off, ignoring all the looks of adoration from girls around him.

Since breaking his contract with Claude and living out the many years since (he couldn't remember how he became apparently immortal, but hey, there you go, that's the supernatural world for you), Alois couldn't help but mellow in his years. He and Ciel had actually become something akin to friends now, and although Claude had betrayed him, it was just too hard for Alois to hold and substantial amount of loathing towards him. He had years and years to hate Claude, but he felt he was much too old for such silly antics.

"Hannah, do me a favour, will you?" The pale haired demon looked up and smiled with a nod. "Find out as much as you can about that girl. We'll give Claude a surprise... it must be near his birthday, mustn't it?" Hannah chuckled.

"You know full well demons don't celebrate birthdays, Alois." He shrugged with an easy grin.

"Oh well, I guess it's not like I've ever needed excuses in the past. Go once these bags are dropped off, Ciel said he was going to come round for tea today, so you don't have to worry."

"Of course, Alois, Sir."

~~~

You smiled as your friend and housemate said something dumb in her hung-over stupor, wandering over to the door where the mail had just been posted. You quickly flicked through the wad of envelopes, stopping on one that was pale, with a silvery-gold sheen to it, made of thick, expensive paper. You frowned, sliding it to the back and delivering the other letters. Well, that was a lie. You just stood there and called out the names.

"Cassie!" Two letters went, one from her parents and one from her pen pal.

"Danni!" Another three letters went, two from home and one from university.

"Ashley!" One letter went, from work.

"And Charlene, you get the bills, lucky sod." Charlene groaned as the letters were placed gently by her head. You chuckled and placed a fresh cup of coffee and some painkillers by her hand. You watched with a grin as the hand slowly moved towards the warmth of the coffee. Charlene seemed to unfold like a flower as she came to life purely for the caffeine sat before her. Your grin widened as you opened your letter, watching as a little bit of life came back to her.

"I should not have gotten that drunk last night. I still have to go to a lecture today."

"What for?" You slid the card out of the envelope, not looking at it for the moment.

"Clinical Psychology, what else these days? What you got there?" You looked down at the card.

"It's an invite: Dear (Y/N),

We request your presence at a tea party today, at 4 pm.

I hope you can attend

Alois Trancy.

P.s, I'm going to be honest, I'm doing this for a friend that has a HUGE crush on you, and he's not a bad guy, just bad at socialising. Don't worry about dress codes, he said you look prettiest in jeans and a simple top."

"Wow, really?" Charlene smiled as you chuckled. This friend sounded sweet.

"I'm gonna go," you said quietly, looking down at your clothes. Jeans, boots, simple off the shoulder top, perfect.

"Go for it, you might finally get a date out of it girl. Besides," Charlene took a long sip of her coffee. "What have you got to lose?"

~~~

"You've done what, sorry?" Alois rolled his eyes.

"I'm not scared of you, Claude. You've already murdered me once, remember?" He sighed deeply, crossing his arms and shutting his eyes in annoyance. "I sent an invite to that chick you've got a crush on, she gave me a call, so she's coming, and you're finally going to get your wish of being able to speak to her for real. Happy?" Claude opened his mouth – most likely to deliver an insult – but a soft voice interrupted him.

"Uhm, excuse me? You must be Hannah, right?" You walked up, smiling at Alois. "And you're Alois, right?" He nodded with a smirk, turning you around so you could see Claude. Your eyes widened and you immediately felt your face flush.

"Oh..."

"(Y/N), this is Claude Faustus, my long-time friend. If he says he feels nothing for you, ignore him, but he always looks for you when we're out." Alois chuckled as silence fell and you both looked at each other awkwardly. After a while, Alois sighed again.

"Oh for the love of—will you two just sod off and get a coffee?! I have work to be doing! Claude, for the love of England, be a gentleman and take her to the coffee house down the road, by a coffee, chat, talk about each other and fall in love for crying out loud!" Then he stormed inside, completely exasperated by the both of you. You giggled quietly.

"Well," you said softly, gesturing down the road to where the coffee shop was. "Shall we? If only to keep blondie in there happy?" Claude smiled and took your hand, leading you down the road, already telling you a story.

"Let me tell you the story of when I first saw you, (Y/N)."

Hey guys! How have you all been doing?  I have several oneshots that are in the making at the moment, with I think one or two that are finished and just awaiting titles. They're probably going to be stupid and what I think are amusing titles because I'm in one of those weird moods and I have been since the other day. 

Anyways, I will see you guys all soon, once I have fulfilled my desire to see more Persona 5. I am so obsessed with that game, it actually made part of my brain implode, and I'm listening to the soundtrack as I'm writing this..... Anyone else have a hopeless and ridiculous crush on Joker and seriously ship him with Yusuke for no apparent reason? No? Ha... ha... me neither.... *casually hides all the fanart and sketches I've drawn because I'm complete hopeless trash*

Until the next time, 

Farewell my Lord/Lady/Friend/Phantom Thieves