The Candle's Flame (The Book Keeper Part 2)

Read the A/N guys! Theres info about a Q&A with me!

You kept falling.

You couldnt believe you had been so stupid, you shouldnt have underestimated him! It was a stupid mistake on your part that could easily lead to your death!

But...

He was only a mere spider demon, nothing special... so how did he have this much power? There were tales of a creature walking through rivers of blood, a book clutched to their side as they took all life, and yet he had possibly sent you to your death? He couldnt have done this alone...

You eyes snapped wider as a sudden light bloomed from below.

On the ground, Merry had opened the book, and glared at Claude as candles surrounded her. Your heart juddered. Her small, petite hand reached for a candle, yours, and wrapped it in her hands, making sure the flame couldnt be blown out. She was protecting you from your fall?!

How did she have that kind of power?! She was only a human child! You had only brought her back from death! Surely this couldnt be due to you?

Parentage: orphaned by her father who died when she was 2 years. Mother unknown.

The book hadnt known who her mother was.

I screamed. It hurt so bad. I wanted it over!

Your mind went blank, your eyes glassy as they stared up at the starry night. Surely those two events couldnt be connected?

Above you, Calude snarled, his eyes darkening. You gasped as your faculties came back to you, flipping in the air, your hand outstretched to Merry as Claude dived towards her.

"MERRY!" You roared. The ground surged up towards you as you tried to reach the strange girl first, before Claude killed her again, before you died with her, before you lost the chance to share your life with someone again.

You hit the ground.

..:::..

"Fuck..." There was the sound of rustling as you slowly got up, straightening your attire. Beneath you, Merry still held your candle, the book open in her lap. You smiled gently, taking the book and standing, pulling her up with you.

"Claude Faustus, stop this idiocy at once." The demon only snarled at you, his face contorting into something feral as his eyes were firey ice. Something deep inside you froze at his unwillingness to stop his pathetic murder spree. You growled.

"You wanna see a massacre, child?" You spat, taking a step towards him. "Then ask about the Book-Keeper you idiot. I have waded through rivers of blood all spilt by me. I have made the rivers run red with pure, unfiltered blood. I have murdered men, women and children without mercy or discrimination. I was known as a monster who carried a book of death. This here?" You gestured around you, Merry staring at you with horror.

"What about it?" Claude snarled. You sneered cruelly.

"Its fucking pathetic. You really think this is worthy to be called a massacre? You didnt even manage to kill 30 people, Faustus. I managed to kill that many in 20 minutes. I could quite as easily kill you." The book opened in your hands, this time the light was dulled, darker, as black candles surged out and surrounded you. Directly in front of you, was the candle of Claude Faustus. You chuckled softly.

It was nothing more than a stub.

"Look at that, Faustus, your time is up. Time to say goodbye." He snarled. "But before I do my job, and take the life that was meant to be taken, why dont you tell me how you manged to live this long? Your candle should be dead by now."