Butterfly Effect

Today was the day.

Her face was solemn as she checked herself over in the mirror one final time, smoothing out imaginary creases in her dress as she sighed and abruptly turned, grabbing her keys on her way out before locking her door and shoving the metal into one of many pockets in her dress.

Today was the day.

Outside, harsh rain pelted the ground as she walked, her hands turning white at the knuckles from how tightly she was gripping her umbrella. Around her people skittered around, trying to run from the harsh droplets of water that followed them wherever they went. Couldnt they see that they couldnt escape it? It didnt matter how hard they tried, they would never be able to outrun it. But... what did it matter?

Today was the day.

Another deep sigh escaped her as she continued walking, her boots clicking against the wet pavement. The edges of her dress were damp from the unrelenting rain, but she didnt care. Why should she? She was done with all the expectations of her, sick of all the conventions that society expected her to follow. Why did it matter? Why? Why?!

Today was the day.

Lifeless eyes slowly drifted up from the pavement to look at the church that loomed before her, imposing in its stature, and a dark aura surrounding it as tears suddenly came unbidden to her eyes.

Today was the day.

"You made it then." She gave a sad smile as a man all in black made his way to her, silver hair soaked by the rain.

"Yeah," she choked out. "Just about." From the corner of her eye, she saw a carriage roll up, and turned to see who got out.

"He wouldnt..." she said softly, anger creeping into her words as her eyes began to slowly show emotion.

The carriage door opened and Sebastian Michaelis got out, his head down, eyes sad.

"Apparently, he would." Undertaker said, soft anger in his own voice. Even he didnt find this amusing.

With a burst of anger, she stormed over to him and slapped him, taking him completely by surprise.

"You ass!" She screamed. "You dare show up here?! How dare you? How dare you? Its all your fault! You killed her! You fucking killed my sister you pathetic whelp! Its because of you shes dead! Its all because of you!" Sebastian simply stood there, and took the abuse being hurled at him by the grieving young woman before him.

"Im sorry," was all he said. There was a moment of silence before the demon was suddenly pushed up against the wall, a pale hand belonging to Undertaker holding him there, eyes blazing.

"You're sorry?" He said with a dry laugh. "Thats it? You're just fucking sorry? Let me tell you something, you pathetic child of a demon. Because of your actions, a beautiful lady died, and another beautiful lady is grieving." Sebastian opened his mouth, but Undertaker threw him several hundred feet away from him and the church. His master simply stood there, his one eye sad.

"Keep a tight grip on your pet, Phantomhive." Undertaker's words were like poison as he turned away and grabbed her hand, leading her into the church, where she finally said her goodbyes to her dearest sister.

"Im sorry, (y/n)."

*

Ciel Phantomhive watched as Undertaker lead your sister into the church, and shifted slightly as he sighed. Eventually, Sebastian emerged from the woods where he had been flung.

But then, his mind turned to your sister. There was a reason Undertaker was so close to her, after all, you protected your own, didnt you?

Sincw your death, she fell into a deep depression from which no one could reach her, and the darkness eventually beat her. It was a few weeks ago that Undertaker came back to the main room of his shop to see her bleeding out next to your serene body, one of his scalpels clutched in your pale hand.

Soon after she woke up as a reaper, and Undertaker took it upon himself to help her live a happy life. Through that, he apparently also fell in love with her.

"You're back then, Sebastian." The demon bowed, saying nothing. "Undertaker was right you know, Sebastian. I have no interest in whatever love life you have as a demon, but when it harms someone I care about? That becomes a different story, demon."

"Apologies, my lord." Ciel snorted as he took a bouquet of flowers from the carriage, tapping the ground with his cane.

"Apologies wont bring (y/n) back, will it? Wait here for me. I highly doubt that anyone will want you there."

With that, he walked away, leaving Sebastian to wallow in his regret.

Im so sorry, (y/n).

((Damn, its been a while huh?

On the plus side, im happy so far with my GCSEs, so i can have a bit more time for writing, though i dont know whdn i'll post the chapters as this is on my data and i dont have much (only 500mb T-T)

Till the next time,
Farewell my lord/lady