Love Charade

The white fabric tumbled down, falling in soft velvety waves around your legs as you took a deep breath and looked in the mirror, unable to tear your eyes away from the vision before you. It was amazing what certain things in your life could do to you.

Today was supposed to be the happiest day of your life: your wedding. It was supposed to be the day you had dreamt of since you was a little girl, staring out of your window at night, and whishing upon the stars to love someone unconditionally, without there being any doubt in your heart that they were the one for you. You had gotten your wish, but it had a price, as wishes do.

"Are you ready?" You forced a smile on your face as you turned to face Mey-Rin. She was a beauty as your chief bridesmaid, the colours of the dress showing up her gorgeous hair and making her eyes sparkle. You'd somehow managed to get her to wear contacts today, and she looked amazing.

"Yeah, I think so... But I want to speak with the groom quickly, just so we can get some plans finished." Mey-Rin nodded and left, allowing you to gather you courage and make your way to the awaiting groom.

Ciel was in his room when you found him, looked dashing in his suit. He was sat infront of his mirror, something in his eyes that scared you, dread settling in your stomach as you gently knocked on the open door. He jumped slightly and tuned to see you, his eyes widening as he saw you.

"You look beautiful," he said quietly. You smiled sheepishly, still unable to get rid of your anxiety.

"Thank you, you look very handsome too, Ciel." He smiled faintly and you stood in silence for a while, very awkward silence.

"I..." You fell silent as you tied to figure out how to word what you wanted to say. "You... You don't want to do this, do you Ciel? I see the look in your eyes, you don't love me, right?" He looked at you, faking hurt as tears pooled in your eyes.

"Of course, I love you!" You chuckled wryly, pulling a small handkerchief out of the bodice of your dress to blot away the tears. He didn't even look at you.

"Then why are you looking at your feet, Ciel? I know your shoes are nice, and they were expensive, but don't forget you're talking to me." He said nothing, only sighing. You smiled sadly, not even bothering with your tears anymore.

"How about we call this whole charade off, Ciel? I know damn well you're only marrying me for the sake of your fucking company. Tea, toys and fucking sweets, best combination ever, huh?"

"(N), I love you." You shook your head, taking off your engagement ring.

"You can't even look me in the eyes when you say it." You placed the engagement ring down on a table near the door as you walked out. The man that was supposed to love you and reciprocate your feelings, the one who was supposed to be with you for the rest of your life, grow old with you and have children with you, said nothing. He watched you walk out of his life without a single hesitation, his heart un-beating for all, his heart emotionless for all. You smiled sadly as you slowly walked away.

"I wish I'd never met you, Ciel Phantomhive."

Part 2 of foonotes will be out soon. The results are in.

Also, sorry for the wait, the snow around here really screwed things up.