Chapter 3 - "She was pretty dumb but smoking hot, so it didn't matter."

Lennon stepped up to the front desk of the Ritz Carlton residence feeling apprehensive.

"Hi" she said cheerfully. "I'm here to see Kade Matthews. My name is Lennon Kayhill."

"Mr Matthews is not currently home. Would you like to leave a message?"

"No I'll wait," Lennon said, walking away before the woman could give her another dirty look.

She took a seat at one of the many leather chairs and sat alert, ready for Kade to walk through the doors at any moment. But when fifteen minutes turned into half an hour, her posture slightly slumped and she pulled her phone out. She thought about calling Jordan after an hour of getting curious looks from people passing, and the occasional look from the front desk woman. But she gave Kade the benefit of the doubt, LA traffic could be killer. But as another half hour passed, she gave up and called.

"Hey, are you already done?" Jordan asked when he picked up the phone.

"More like we haven't even started," she quietly hissed.

"What?"

"I've been waiting for an hour and a half and still no sign of him. I'm about to leave."

"What time did you get there?"

"I got here at one-thirty, like you told me."

"Let me check my email, but I'm pretty sure that is the time Matt gave me."

"I'm gonna leave," Lennon said, prepared to stand up and walk out of the front lobby.

"It says one thirty here, I don't know what to say."

"I do," she said, leaving. "Kade clearly isn't on board like Matt thinks. I'm not doing this again. Let Matt know, Kade can come to me."

Lennon was fuming as she walked the few blocks to the parking lot she had used. Who did he think he was? It wasn't like she was thrilled about the whole situation either? She was doing him a favor and he didn't even have the sense to show up to the meeting at HIS HOUSE? And who lived at the Ritz Carlton anyways?

A few hours later, Lennon sat in her apartment playing her guitar when her phone rang. She set aside her guitar and answered.

"Hey."

"So I talked to Matt and he said there was a scheduling mix up" Jordan said.

"Am I actually suppose to believe that?"

"Lennon, come on."

"This better not be what the next year is going to look like. I'm not going to waste my time waiting around for him."

"He said it was an honest mistake."

"Did we put a clause in the contract about how many 'honest mistakes' he can make before we call them what they really are?" she asked sarcastically. 

"Matt said Kade can be at your place in forty-five minutes."

"I am free. My only plans involved dinner at Manny's, ice cream and my guitar."

"Ok, great. I'll let Matt know you are available."

Lennon tried to keep her hands from fidgeting. It was stupid to care what he thought or even put effort into making a good impression but she couldn't stop the nervous ball of energy growing in her stomach.

Her eyes landed on her guitar and she could almost feel her fingers aching for it, desperate to put her nervous energy somewhere. She sat and just the feel of the guitar resting against her dispelled some of her jitteriness. She plucked out a melody.