An Alternative Ending!

"That was all the instructions he gave you?" Lennon asked. 

Bear gave her a blank face and nodded his head. She looked back out the car window at the wall of rocks and the ocean just beyond, sparkling in the afternoon sunlight.

"Nothing else? Kade just told you to drop me off here? Nothing about how he is renting a boat or jet skis? Or a helicopter?"

Bear only responded with a shake of his head.

"You are no help at all," she grumbled.

The door clicked as they unlocked and she turned to Bear. He wordlessly pointed towards the beach.

"Come on Bear. Give me a hint about where Kade is taking me," she begged. "Please!"

She frowned as he got out of the car and walked around the front. He opened the door, making his point clear.

"What if there is someone waiting to attack me? It's your job to protect me!"

Bear bit back a smile and stepped aside.

"You're my bodyguard. You should be on my side," she said.

She hopped down from the car and adjusted her sundress that covered her bathing suit. She gave Bear one more hopeful look then grabbed her bag and headed for the wall of rocks. She walked along the sidewalk until she found a break in the wall and she passed through, stepping onto warm sand. She kicked off her flip flops and scooped them up as she headed for the water.

There were groups of people gathered under umbrellas and laid out on towels but Lennon easily spotted Kade. He was at the water's edge, prepping a kayak. She smiled and felt butterflies swell in her stomach as she reminded herself he was hers. Out of all the people in the world, she had been lucky enough to find him.

She couldn't help the giddy feeling as she silently watched him work. There was something about the way he carried himself that was intriguing and it had nothing to do with his celebrity status. She knew if he had never become famous he would still have that enchanting element about him. He looked up, caught her staring and her heart skipped.

"Hey beautiful," he called out, jogging towards her.

He smiled wide and it suddenly seemed like it had been more then two days since the last time she had seen him. Lennon suddenly felt the need to be close to him and ran to meet him. He scooped her up effortlessly when they met and she wrapped her arms and legs around him.

"Hey!" she said.

"Hey," he repeated, kissing her.

"I missed you," he said, kissing her again.

"I missed you too," she said.

Lennon wasn't sure she had ever smiled so bright as she looked into his warm eyes.

"Are you ready for our date?" he asked.

"I am!"

She hopped down from his arms and his hand found hers as he led the way to the kayak.

"Have you ever kayaked before?" he asked.

"Once, at my dad's lake house but it's been a while."

"It's pretty simple."

Kade began to explain the basics of kayaking and Lennon tried to listen, but found herself distracted by how good he looked. He looked cute in his backwards hat and his white tank top showed off his toned arms as he demonstrated how to use the oar. She was watching him make a fluid, circular motion when she realized he was no longer speaking. She looked up and found him giving her a playful smirk.