Chapter 47 - "Screw the paparazzi."

"Why are you calling me? I broke up with you," Lennon said pretending to be annoyed as she answered her phone.

She was stretched out on her couch and feeling anything, but annoyed.

"Hey, it was mutual," Kade protested.

Lennon laughed.

"That's not what the gossip sites think," she said.

"Well that doesn't mean anything. Those sites never get anything right. And have you been reading them?"

"No, but Jordan feels the need to continue to update me on how the public is taking our split," she said, putting on a pompous accent.

"And how are our subjects handling it?"

"Not well from what I can tell. Our fans are still pretty broken up about it."

"That I know," Kade said. "The band posted a video yesterday of us working in the studio. More then half the comments were still about our breakup."

"It's been more then two weeks."

"Yeah, well it seems they thought we were good together. I have to say, I agree."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. I'm hot, you're hot, it works."

Lennon laughed.

"That's all you really need," she said.

"There might be a few more things" he joked.

"Just maybe. By the way, talking about fans who thought we were good together. How is your family taking the news?"

"They blamed me when I told them," he said. "But I explained to them we are just taking a break. That our schedules are busy and they are only going to get busier as the summer progresses."

"Well, it's a good thing they don't know I haven't done anything for the last month and a half except eat ice cream and catch up on tv."

"Yeah, I left that part out."

"So they aren't mad at me?" she asked.

"No. They still love you. Rue hung up on me after telling me I should be trying to get you back instead of telling her we broke up."

Lennon laughed, relieved.

"Has it sunk in yet?" Kade asked.

"What?"

"That the contract is done. You are no longer legally connected to me."

"Yeah it has. I've been out celebrating my freedom every night this week."

"Really?" he asked skeptically.

"Are you kidding? A different guy every night."

"So, ice cream and Nicholas Sparks movies?"

Lennon didn't answer. Kade chuckled.

"I know, they're horrible," Lennon said.

"Yet you continue to watch them," Kade said.

"Cause the guys are cute."

"Excuse me, what about me?"

"You're cute too."

"I don't like this," he grumbled.

"Well, I wouldn't be watching them if we could hang out."

"I know. Don't you think I want to be spending my time with you instead of Will and Noah?"