Chapter 31 - "Alright, that's a wrap!"

Lennon followed up the photo shoot with Clayton with her music video shoot the next day. It was set out on a large farm. The music video would be a compilation of her performing for a crowd, running around with a group of friends, going through a maze and setting off sparklers. It was long days and long nights out in the cold. By the end of the third day of filming, Lennon could feel her throat getting scratchy and her nose getting stuffed.

On the final day of filming, Bear greeted her as he picked her up.

"Good morning," Lennon said, her voice coming out strained and quiet.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

She shrugged off his worry.

"I'll be fine. I think it's just because I was out in the cold last night," she said hoarsely.

She ordered tea hoping that would help, but she still felt foggy when she arrived on the set. She wore an extra jacket, trying to combat the chill that seemed to run deep in her bones. Even in the warmth of her trailer she didn't take them off.

By the time Lennon was done with hair and make-up she was drained. She barely had enough energy to drag herself to the couch and collapse. Her head felt like there was a blizzard inside of it. There was a knock on the door and someone called her name.

"Come in," Lennon said, pulling herself up on the couch.

"Hey," Kade said.

When he stepped inside, the open door let in bright sunshine and Lennon squinted, turning away.

"Hey," she said.

Kade took a step closer and looked at her.

"You look awful," he said.

Lennon let out a weak, broken laugh which turned into a cough.

"Thanks," she croaked.

"You're sick."

"It's just a little cold."

"That sucks," Kade said, taking a seat.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"It's the final day of your shoot."

She gave him a blank look.

"Remember, Matt and Jordan wanted me to visit the set."

"That's right."

"How is it going so far?"

"Good. Really good," Lennon said, reaching for her tea.

It was lukewarm at best and did nothing to soothe her sore throat, but she drank it anyways.

"The director has been great to work with. The extras are super friendly. It's going really well," Lennon said.

"That's great."

He tugged at the collar of his shirt and then pulled his jacket off.

"What are you filming today?"

It took Lennon a minute to remember what they would be working on.

"I think we are doing the fireworks and sparklers tonight," she said.

"That will be fun," he said.

Lennon hadn't seen a lot of Kade over the last two weeks. They had both been busy. The one time they had gone out, he had been friendly but Lennon could tell he was holding back. It wasn't anything obvious, just subtle things. He reached for her hand less and seemed to keep more distance between them.