Chapter 11 - "I can't take on anything else."

"And the next day you are booked on a radio show and then you have a interview that afternoon. The label wants you to fit in some studio time after that. They don't want to lose any more time on the album. We have been discussing possibly moving up the release date of your album."

Lennon nodded as her tired brain tried to catch everything Jordan was saying. She had barely been awake when he knocked on her door.

"The label wants to know if a February release date is possible?"

The question cut through all the noise in Lennon's head and she looked at Jordan to make sure he was being serious.

"February?" She asked, shocked.

"I know it's a lot sooner then we were thinking but the sooner it is released the sooner you could tour to support it and still be free to open for someone over next summer."

She could feel her chest tightening at the invisible pressure he had just laid on her. She turned and started to pace, her brain trying to calculate all that it would take to release the album so soon.

"I don't know," she said honestly.

"We don't have to make a decision today but the label wants the decision made soon. Speaking of, I have a tentative meeting with the label set up for the week we get back, to discuss the album."

Jordan must have sensed that Lennon was hitting overload because he shut off his iPad and stood.

"I know it's a lot but we don't want to lose any of the momentum the tour is creating."

"I know," she quietly agreed.

"One last thing," he said, as he was on his way out of her room, "Matt wants to confirm you and Kade are an official couple by the end of September so we have a few dates planned for when you get home."

"Ok," she said.

Lennon stood motionless as the door shut behind him, unsure of what to do. There were a million things she needed to think about but her brain was a dense fog of details, unable to form coherent thoughts. She paced, the weight of all Jordan had told her heavy on her shoulders. The door to her room opened.

"Lennon have you seen my guitar capo?" Max asked.

He began to look around the room.

"What?" Lennon asked, stepping out of her storm of thoughts.

"My capo. I put it on the dresser last night. I thought I saw you move it. I was planning to go jam with some of the other openers before the concert and I need it. Have you seen it anywhere?"

"No, Sorry."

Max began to throw a pile of her clothes around as he continued to look. Lennon didn't think as she grabbed her room key and left, the door slamming behind her.

"Lennon, there you are," Ace said, walking down the hallway towards her. "I was talking to Max and we were trying to come up with a plan for tomorrow. We have the morning off so we were thinking about going to this park that has over three hundred statues made by this one guy."

Lennon kept walking, only half listening to what he was saying. She needed coffee before she could begin to try and sort out her brain enough to think details.

"It sounds pretty cool. It's not to far away but we would have to go early because we have our flight tomorrow. Do you remember when it is? Is it two or three?"

"Sure," she said, pressing the elevator call button.

"So is it two or three?" he joked.

She looked at him confused, unsure what his initial question had even been.