Chapter 13 - "Wow, you're so generous. I'm such a lucky girl."

Lennon stood on the side of the stage, waiting to perform her duet with Kade. Jordan and Matt had already told them how they wanted to play off this last performance and she felt ready.

"I don't know if you know this, but tonight is the end of our tour," Kade said. "But it has been an amazing tour and part of that has been because of the amazing openers we have! Let's hear it for Lennon Kayhill!"

She smiled as the crowd went wild.

"I think if you guys call her out, she might come and sing one more song for you," he said.

It started out slow but there was a clear rumble as the audience started to chant her name. Her smile felt brighter than the other nights as she walked onstage and the audience broke into cheers.

"Hello!" she said, waving her hand.

"Lennon do you think you could sing a song with me for this amazing audience?" Kade asked.

She pretended to think about it for a second.

"For them, anything!" She said.

She thought it must be the energy of the last night but the instruments had never sounded so loud and she had never danced so much. The excitement of the final show made her hyper and she smiled brighter and laughed more easily with Kade.

"Gracias Barcelona!" She said, giving a small bow at the end of the song.

Kade pulled her in for a big hug and her feet left the ground as he spun her around.

*******************************

After the concert, Lennon tried to keep the excitement going for as long as she could, suggesting celebratory ice cream when they got back to the hotel. After a few hours she left her band at the elevator and headed outside, not ready for the night to be over.

The air was thick and the humidity reminded her of home. She walked out to the grassy patches filled with palm trees. She left her shoes on the ground and dug her toes into the grass.

The adrenaline and energy of the night had faded away and left in its place something she couldn't put her finger on exactly. Not relief, more melancholy. She took in a deep breath and figured her emotions would probably be chaotic for the next week or so as she settled back into life in LA and faced tour withdraws.

She let the view in front of her calm her. The city lights bounced off the water, illuminating the waves as they ran up on to the sand and just barely reaching the jetty of white rocks to her right. There was music coming from somewhere and it collided with the sound of the waves.

She heard the doors of the hotel open behind her and she turned to see someone coming towards her. The figure was backlit by the lights in the hotel but she had a pretty good guess who it was.

"Where did the party go?" Kade asked, coming to stand beside her. "I heard there was ice cream."

She smiled.

"They were all party poopers and went to bed early. They used some lame excuse about an early flight."

"So lame," he said.

"Yeah, so lame."

They were silent for a moment, watching the water. Lennon crossed the lawn and started walking towards a low wall separating her from the white rocks.

"What are you doing?" Kade asked as he followed her.

She didn't respond, letting her actions be the answer. She climbed up on the short wall, the texture was bumpy and lightly pricked her feet. The wall was wide and it was easy to stand on the top.