Chapter 12 - "Love, ice cream, it's pretty much synonymous."

"Cause wherever you go, that's where I want to be.
I've been counting down the days
I'm tired of being on my own
Baby tell me that you'll wait
I promise that I'm coming home."

Lennon roughly strummed along as she sang, trying to blend the two melodies Kade had talked about that morning. Her transition wasn't smooth, she wasn't exactly sure how the melody to Come Home went, and she hadn't gotten any better over the last half hour.

By the time she returned to the hotel after the concert she didn't feel like sleeping, so she had ended up in her usual spot in the lobby.

She grimaced as her voice collided with the guitar and was thinking about calling it a night when she saw Kade approaching.

"What are you playing?" he asked.

"More like murdering," she said. "I was attempting that mash up you suggested this morning but I'm not playing it right and it sounds awful."

"Do you mind?" He asked.

He sat next to her and held his hands out for the guitar. She handed it over and he played a single strum before he started to play the introduction to Wherever You Go.

"Do you know the words to Coming Home?" He asked as he continued to play, his fingers easily finding the chords without thinking about.

"I have them here," she said, holding up her phone.

"Ok, let's play through the song like normal until we finish the first chorus, I'll do a quick transition and then I'll give you the cue and you can start the first verse of Coming Home."

"Ok," she said.

He played the introduction quickly and started to sing. He sang softly and his voice melded with the guitar notes perfectly. She listened as he played a small transition and then gave her a nod. She started to sing.

"That wasn't to bad," he said as she finished singing

"You mean you weren't too bad. I was awful!" she laughed.

He smiled and she knew he agreed.

"I wrote these songs and I've performed them a million times, so I have an unfair advantage."

"That is true. Again. I'll get it this time."

Lennon left her spot on the couch to walk around the small lounge as they played through the song, again and again. She tried not to break down in laughter every time she hit a wrong note and Kade tried to hide his grimace, but it was late and she couldn't stop herself.

"We are never going to finish this if you don't stop laughing," he said, trying to sound serious.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! All seriousness," she said, forcing a frown on her face.

The smoother the song became, the more they added to it, harmonies and echoes until it started to sound complete.

"Do you think we can play this at the next show?" She asked.

"Why not? I think it sounds pretty good."

"I mean, do you think we have enough time to work with Will, Noah and the band to get them ready before the next show?"

"Will and Noah can pick up anything" he said casually. "The same with the rest of the band. It would only take an hour or so to rehearsal."

"Great!" she said.

"I think the song sounds good but do you want to run through it again?" he asked.

"No but I do want ice cream!" she said excitedly.