Chapter 45 - "You won't lose me."

Stepping on to the plane headed home at the end of tour, Lennon knew she had to figure out her feelings for Kade. In the month since her birthday, she had faced highs and lows. She hadn't wanted to say goodbye to Kade the morning after her birthday. She had felt so certain about her feelings for him. But after he left, it had only taken a few hours for the doubt to creep in. Some days, it felt like there was nothing holding them back. Other days, it felt like the odds were stacked against them.

After a few days of the emotional rollercoaster, Lennon forced herself put Kade to the side and focus on finishing off her tour. Now with the tour complete and LA on the horizon, Lennon shut out the rest of the plane and tried to sort out her feelings.

A rush of jumbled emotions arose. She realized she was facing new territory. She had come to terms with losing Hunter. But she had never anticipated how it would feel when she developed feelings for someone new.

For a moment, she let herself imagine Hunter was still with her. That he was the one beside her, the one greeting her as she left the stage, the one to kiss her goodnight.

But the more she followed that daydream the more difficult it became to picture Hunter as a part of her life. A strange, peaceful feeling hit Lennon as she realized that Hunter wouldn't fit into her current life. Losing him had changed her and she wasn't the same person.

She wasn't Hunter's Lennon anymore, but she could be Kade's. Her life was hectic and she was always on the move and Kade understood that. She had known him for almost a year. Over those twelve months their relationship had been a rollercoaster of twists and turns to overcome.

Somehow after making it through it all, Lennon discovered in some ways it felt like Kade knew her better then anyone. He fit into so many different parts of her life. Lennon shoulders relaxed as she knew she had reached her answer. She smiled, knowing every minute took her closer to him.

********************

Lennon let out a deep breath and faced her apartment.

"I think that's it," Bear said.

Suitcases, guitar cases and boxes filled Lennon's living room.

"I think so. Thanks so much Bear," she said.

"No problem" he said, offering her a fist pump.

She smiled.

"Bye," he called out as he left.

Lennon shut the door after him and began to haul her suitcases into her room. Her phone rang a moment later.

"Are you home?" Kade asked, when she answered.

"Hello to you too," she responded.

"Hey!" he said cheerily. "Are you home?"

"I just arrived. Why?"

There was a sharp knock on the front door.

"Hold on, I think Bear forgot something," she said.

She wound her way to answer the door. She pulled it open, expecting to find her hulking bodyguard and let out a surprised laugh.

"Hey!" Kade said, with a proud smirk.

Lennon couldn't do more then laugh before he scooped her into a hug. She wrapped her arms around his neck tightly and smiled as the familiar scent of his cologne hit her.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"I missed you," he said, with a casual shrug.

He moved into her apartment and shut the door. A thought struck Lennon and she eyed him suspiciously.