Chapter 31

Lana's PoV

He told me the story of him and his friends. I thought that Sirius was innocent and Peter was guilty because of my dreams. But I was going to let my Dad figure it out. I mean he was the smart one, he should be able to figure it out.

"Now, do you need any money for Hogsmeade?" He asked me.

"Nope, I have a lot, a whole vault full of money. So you can get new robes," I told him.

"But," He began.

"Hey, I'm being nice, embrace it," I said.

"I guess I should, shouldn't I," He sighed.

"Yeah, and you're my Dad, and family shares," I told him firmly.

"Okay," He said.

I rolled my eyes and shoved him.

"Hey!" He protested.

I smirked at him.

"You really are like my friends," He sighed.

"Hey! I'm your DAUGHTER!" I exclaimed.

"I know," He said smirking at me and hit me with a pillow.

"Oh it's on," I said.

Then the fight began, it was epic! Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and Dad opened it and I saw the one, the only Minnie! She looped at the feathers that covered the room and a guilty looking Dad, and a proud looking me.

"Come in Minnie!" I said and she stepped in.

"So she asked the night before?" She sighed.

"Yes," Dad told her.

"Severus owes me a galleon," She said smirking, "He thought she would ask earlier,"

"He believed that?" I wondered, "Hmm, I still need to blackmail him,"

"You will do none of the sort!" My Dad exclaimed.

"But it was the boggart one, I took a picture," I said.

He rolled his eyes, "You'll do it anyway won't you,"

"Is that really a question you should be asking?" I asked him mockingly.

"You still haven't done the detentions with him yet," He told me.

"He hasn't complained, we all know I'm his favorite, why else would he give me this many detentions, because he wants to see me more often," I said proudly.

"She sounds a lot like James and Sirius," Minnie said.

"So I've been told," I said to her.

"You should go to bed, you have a big day ahead of you tomorrow," He told me.

"We just had a pillow fight and then you tell me to go to bed! I am hurt!" I said dramatically and flopped onto his bed.

"Well, I should go, good night," Minnie said.

"Night Minnie!" I said waving.

"Goo night," Dad said and Minnie left.

He looked around and sighed. Then he cleaned everything up.

"Go to bed," He said.

"Fine, bye!" I said and skipped into the common room.

I plopped next to Harry and my friends stared at me.

"What?" I asked.

Harry reached over and pulled some feathers from my hair.

"Oh," I said.

"What happened?" Ron asked.

"Pillow fight with me Dad," I said.

"So did he say yes?" Mione asked me.

I nodded happily and Harry looked a bit disappointed.

"It's okay Hare Bear, we'll be back soon enough and bring a bunch of sweets," I told him.

He nodded and we talked a bit. I ended up having my head on Harry's lap and my legs taking up the rest of the couch. Ron gave me a knowing look and Mione hit him. I am so confused. Anyway. The next day was the trip and it was great! I walked around with Neville, Dean, and Seamus and we spent the day, joking around and getting stuff. I got a lot of sweets and filled a water bottle with Butterbeer for Harry. It was great and I had a blast! I also spotted Cedric and his friends and went over to annoy him. He didn't get annoyed. That stupid level headed Hufflepuff..... I met up with Mione, Ron, and Harry in the common room and offered a small smile.

"What's up?" Mione asked me.

"Stupid levelheaded Hufflepuff! He just won't get annoyed," I complained.

"What?" Ron wondered.

"She tried to annoy Cedric Diggory and it didn't work," Dean said while passing.

"Oh," Ron said.

"Oh, here," I said giving Harry some sweets.

"Thanks Lana," He said beaming at me.

"No problem," I said.

Harry told us all about what he did and told us about a goblet.

"Goblets a weird word, why don't you just say cup?" I asked.

But, they ignored my question and we rushed down to the feast discussing Snape. The food was great! The entertainment was fun too. But then, we went to the portrait hole to find that the portrait was slashed very viscously.

"Well, isn't this a turn of events," I said and most people turned to glare.

We found out that it was Sirius Black. Before I knew it, we were in the Great Hall again. We were all silently talking, wait, that doesn't make sense, so we're really quietly talking? Yeah, that's better. Anyway, I saw a shadowy figure and I quickly vapor traveled out out the Great Hall and came face first with my Dad.

"Lana! What are you doing here?" He asked me angrily.

"I thought I saw something," I told him.

"Well, get back inside the Great Hall," He said.

"Why?" I asked him, "I saw something and wanted to make sure everyone was safe,"

"It's not your job to protect the school! It's the teachers' job, why can't you listen like everybody else and stay in the Great Hall! Be smart! Listen to Dumbledore, listen to everyone. It is so stupid, idiotic, and childish to just leave because you saw something. Go back to the Great Hall now!" He said angrily.

"It's my job to do this! When I finish this stupid quest I'll be out of your sight forever because I live at my camp! At least I have people that understand me there! And I am much more appreciated there! One murderer is dangerous to me. None of this stuff is remotely dangerous to me! And you won't let me do any of it! I would give my life up for this place because I'm loyal to it. That's MY fatal flaw, and you better like it, or the time until I can leave will be rough," I said angrily.

"Well, now you're my child, and I can tell you what to do. There are rules you know. You can't just go around anymore like you used too. Your other parents are dead, and I'm sorry but you have to deal with me now, you think I wanted to have a child? No I didn't want a child at all!" He said.

"Oh, so you didn't want me? Good to know, Professor," I said and he looked hurt.

"Wait, Lana I didn't mean," He began.

"I know exactly what you meant, this quest is a load of minotaur dung," I said, "See you in class, Professor,"

I turned and sprinted outside and ran deep into the forest, tears starting to fall. I found a small clearing in the woods and sat down. I saw a big black dog come over and I smiled at it.

"Hello, I'm Lana," I told it and it whined at me.