Chapter 38

Lana's PoV

When I walked out of the hospital wing, I saw my Dad waiting for me.

"Lana, are you okay?" He asked me.

I flung myself at him and he hugged me as I felt my eyes water.

"I want to go home," I said quietly.

He squeezed me, "Why don't you sleep with me tonight," He said quietly and picked me up.

I held him tight and he carried me to his room.

"What happened?" He asked me softly setting me down on his bed.

"Nothing," I said.

"I know you're lying," He told me gently.

"I'm just frustrated," I said.

"At who?" He asked.

"I don't know" I said.

"Is it me?" He asked.

"No"

"Is it Harry?"

"No"

"Is it Ron?"

"No,"

"Is it Hermione?"

"No! I'm frustrated with myself!" I burst out, I wasn't mad at Harry, what he said was true they are dead, but not all of them.

"Why are you frustrated with yourself?" He asked me softly.

I hugged my knees to my chest, "Because, Gryffindor lost because of me, if I didn't wait and freeze I could have scored and we would've won, and it's not just that! I always wait when I could've done something! I could have saved so many people, if I didn't wait! It's all my fault my friends and family died, I could've prevented it! If I was faster, stronger, or even smarter I could've saved them," I said tears streaming down my face.

"And what about you? What if you died in the process?" He asked me.

"Then I would've died, then I would clearly have fulfilled my part and would hope that Nico would visit me and I would wait in Elysium for my friends and family, I just would hope that they wouldn't mourn me too long" I said.

"And the same thing for them, they don't want you to mourn them forever, it isn't your fault," He told me.

"Oh you're good," I said narrowing my eyes at my Dad, "Are you SURE you want to be a teacher, because the job as a therapist is looking up and begging for you,"

He rolled his eyes at me and I laughed. He started to laugh as well. It was a perfect Father and Daughter moment.

"Okay, Okay, we should go to bed now," Dad told me and I nodded.

I climbed into the bed and he tucked me in.

"Goodnight Princess," He told me and kissed my forehead.

"Night Dad," I said and soon slipped into sleep.

My dreams were plagued with nightmares like usual, but instead of the usual dreams, it was Voldemort, how I knew it was Voldemort. Who else doesn't have a nose? The next day was horrible as I knew another war was coming. The fates were probably already sharpening their scissors. I hope it doesn't happen soon. Anyway, on Sunday, the entire Gryffindor team decided to visit Harry. When we were about to leave, I was stopped.

"Wait, Lana, can we talk?" I heard Harry say and I stayed behind.

"Yes Harry?" I asked him coldly, "What could you possibly want now?"