Chapter 71

Lana's PoV

You know what comes with a nice dinner? You get 3 guesses.

1

2

3

And if you guessed an Empousa, than ding ding ding! You get a point! Thanks for playing!

The wizards all leapt up in fright, they're wands drawn immediately. Unlike me, I sat there at the table and politely dabbed my mouth with a napkin and raised my hand in greeting.

"Was it Tamera and Chelsea?" I asked, "I know it was something like that! But I can't put my finger on it,"

"What the bloody hell Ana?" Ron hissed at me.

"Ronald! So impolite! Have you never met my dearest friends Tamera and Chelsea?" I asked in mock astonishment, "I mean they only tried to kill me, what was it? 3 times? 4 times?"

"Daughter of" They began to hiss.

"Yeah yeah yeah, Poseidon. You say it every time, can we just hit the fast forward on this? You threaten me, Percy and I say something insulting or stupid, and then we fight, and then poof, all we have to remember you by is some gold dust," I said rolling my eyes, "You always have to appear at the worst times don't you?"

They both snarled at me.

"Now now Taylor, Charlotte, lets not be hasty," I said.

Blah blah blah, they got mad and then attacked, and then after a bit of blood and fighting they "died" you know the drill. I mean do I really have to describe ANOTHER fight scene? I've been in so many you know the drill. But for some reason, it was much harder to defeat them than usual. Have they been getting stronger, or did I just go soft? I probably just went soft, right?

"Ugh, they're such a pain in the ass. Sorry Mrs. Weasley," I said turning my sword back into a pen and slipping it in my pocket.

I slipped my shoulder length hair into a high ponytail and stood there awkwardly as everyone but Fred, George, Percy, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, and Ron stared at me.

"Oh, did you want me to clean up?" I asked awkwardly, "Yeah, I'll do that,"

I made the water from the glasses float up into the air and absorb all the golden dust. It cleaned the surrounding area and I used a small portion of it to heal my wounds and clean the dirt off of my face. I then threw the water into the lake pond thing and looked down awkwardly at the dead plants.

"Sorry 'bout those," I said rubbing the back of my neck, "They seemed to get stronger, or I was just pretty bad today. But yeah, I'm sure I can get my Aunt Demeter to fix them up, or even Aunt Persephone. Oh wait! You guys have magic, I completely forgot about that,"

"What just happened?" Eila asked blinking a few times.

"Nothing, nothing happened at all. We were all just getting up for a stretch and now are going to continue to each dinner," I said.

"Lana, what just happened?" Charlie asked me.

I dramatically flopped on the grass.

"Ronald, spread the news, I've explained this too many times," I said.

"She's a Demigod, the youngest child of Poseidon, so when she said that Myths were her life, she wasn't kidding," Ron informed them quietly.

"You're joking," Charlie said in disbelief.

I got up angrily staring him in the eye, "My life has been constant fighting, and running, and being in wars. I've been a pawn to the gods, going on quests, trying to end their feuds. I've seen my friends die before my eyes. I've held up the sky, literally the weight of the world was on my shoulders. And I've been tortured in more ways that you could ever imagine. I'm not joking. I'm here to make sure Harry lives a long full life and isn't killed by Voldemort (They all flinched at this) and I am more than prepared to give my life up for it. None of this is a joke,"

"Ana," Ron began.

"You want to know why I was upset earlier? You look just like my friend who has the exact same name as you. She died because I couldn't save her, because I was too slow. She saved my life, sacrificing herself for me, and she was my cousin," I yelled.

"Ana," Ron began again.

"Lana!" two familiar voices called and I turned around to see Oliver and Emily standing there with two camp pegasi.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked in disbelief, stopping my rant as I looked at my two best friends at camp.

"Emily, there are mortals here," Oliver said quietly.

Her eyes widened.

"Okay, there are like 14 mortals here. I can take 5, Lana you can take 5, and Olive you can take 4," Emily said, "We should dispose of their bodies in the pond thing,"

"But that might be hard to explain to Lady Hectare. You know how she loves her experiments," Oliver said, "Plus the red haired one is cute,"

I rolled my eyes along with Emily.

"Most of them ARE red heads," Emily said,

"Guys its fine, I don't think they're going to tell anyone. You both just scared them, and besides if they do they're done for. They don't want us as an enemy and I'm here protecting Harry," I said.

"True, true," Oliver said pondering what to do.

"Besides, we can just use the mist to cover them up," I said.

"You know how to do that?" Oliver asked.

"Yeah, I learnt from the best," I said giving them a grin, "Now what are you doing here?"

"Just wanted to say hi, plus we were chasing down some Empousa which you took care of, " Oliver informed me.

I nodded and they both gave me a hug, before running off and jumping on their pegasi ridding into the sky. 

Demi-gods are so dramatic.

I blame Zeus