Chapter 89

Lana's PoV

No one was actually paying attention in class today, everyone was much more interested in the arrival of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang. When the bell rang Harry, Hermione, Ron, and I rushed up to the tower and threw our books and bags on the bed (Well, I did anyway, Hermione put them away neatly) and grabbed our clocks and rushed back into the Great Hall. 

We were all ordered into lines by our heads of houses and then our appearances were critiqued.

"Weasley, straighten your hat," Professor McGonagall snapped at Ron, "Miss Patil, take that ridiculous thing out of your hair," She studied our appearances before saying, "Miss Lupin, run a comb through your hair,"

"I don't have a-" I began but my mouth was covered by a certain Ronald.

Hermione tutted at me before yanking my hair out before it was "satisfactory"

I licked Ron's hand and he just ignored me!!! The nerve!!!!

"You've licked me so many times that I don't care now," He said seeing my face.

"Have you ever wondered what its like to be a cat?" I wondered, "I feel like that would be fun, to just turn into a ca- OOH!!!!! PROFE-" 

Hands wrapped around my mouth again and I pouted at Ron.

"Hush Ana, you can ask her later," 

"Follow me please, First years in the front, no pushing," Professor McGonagall said.

I shoved Ron.

We filed down the steps and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Harry and Ron began guessing the ways that the two other schools would arrive while I waited in silence and got lost in my thoughts.

"Aha! Unless I am very much mistaken, the delegation from Beauxbatons approaches!" Dumbledore called out from the back row where he sat with the teachers.

"WHERE???" Many students shouted eagerly.

"There!" Yelled a sixth-year student as he pointed over the forest.

A large box thing was flying towards us.

As it grew closer we saw a horse-drawn carriage, the size of a large house, soaring towards us pulled by dozens of winged palominos, each one the size of an elephant!

They landed with a bang that made Neville jump back onto a Slytherin's foot. The horses' hooves were bigger than my head and I squealed with excitement.

The largest woman I have ever seen excited the carriage and soon enough about a dozen boys and girls exited the carriage. They were all shivering, their robes made of fine silk, and none of them wore cloaks. One of the students looked very familiar.

"FAITH!!!!!" I hollered jumping up and down, smacking Harry and Ron in the faces. 

The girl with the light brown curls turned around to see me and she gave me a smile.

"Hi Lana," She greeted us, "Hi Harry,"

"Faith!" A boy with blonde hair hissed at my cousin.

"Coming!" Faith called back to the boy, "Talk to you two later! I want to know how my cousin and little brother are doing,"

Harry and I both nodded and the willowy brunette joined her school once again.

Soon enough the kids from Durmstrang appeared out of the lake on a huge pirate ship, ya know, just everyday stuff.