Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Lonely

• • •

March 2014

ZAYN'S POV

Okay. So I thought that Niall Horan would be my toughest client yet, but oh no. He just made it to the top of my every list. Be it the list of the most perviest ghost, the most sarcastic and moody, and the most stubborn. God.

It has been a week since Niall had apparated in my room and asked for my help, and he has been haunting me ever since. Literally. Well, he is stuck with me until I help him, so yeah.

But he has the hardest case ever, and it doesn't help that he's stubborn as fuck and refuses to co-operate unless I threaten him with some iron. (Supernatural's logic actually works.)

We go over his case everyday, well, almost everyday as I have many more ghosts to help besides him. And so far, all I've got is that he has a boyfriend that he still loves, and he's been dead for an year, and so far, he still hasn't received any word from the man upstairs.

"So, do you remember your Reaper?" I asked Niall, as we were lounging in my living room on my couch, as Dad wasn't home. I surprisingly had no other appointments today, so Niall had my full attention.

"Yeah, but not very clearly. And he just extracted me from my body, told me that I was a unusual one, and left," Niall shrugged, shifting on the couch. He slightly floated half an inch above the couch, due to his ghostly property.

"Unusual one?" I snickered. "That's not hard to believe."

"Oi!" Niall huffed, trying to smack me, but his hand sailed right through my arm. I rubbed my palm over the skin, where goosebumps had instantly formed.

"Nice try," I grinned, and Niall just scowled. Over the course of the past week, we had gotten a bit friendly with each other, and yeah, Niall wasn't that bad. It was actually fun to tease him, 'cos he gets riled up pretty fast, and then tries to hit me. Keyword, tries.

"As I was saying," Niall cleared his throat. "I think the Reaper told me I was an unusual one, 'cos it has been more than an year since I got any word from the man upstairs. Like, nothing. Not even from a messenger. It's like I'm literally lost, for a fucking year, just wondering, lonely," Niall sighed, sinking his head into his hands.

"I'm sorry, Niall." And I was. There was a limit up-to which I could help him, and in the super otherworldly affairs, I couldn't do anything. I was just a link between the ghost world and the human world, not between the afterlife and ghost world.

"Okay. So as far as I think," I began, and Niall focused his blue eyes on me. "something is tying you to this world. And maybe, if you'll find closure, you'll finally crossover, and maybe receive word from the skies above?"

Niall pursed his lips. "Yeah, I guess."

"And, you said that you think Josh is the reason?" Niall nodded.

"What about your family? Friends?" I asked cautiously. We still hadn't gone over this. I have to be extremely patient with Niall.

Niall bit his lower lip, picking at a loose thread on his skinny jeans to distract himself. "Yeah, I miss my Mum like hell. I wish I hadn't had a row with her on my last night. My little sister had asked me to read to her that night and..." Niall's voice wobbled, but then he composed himself. He really loved and misses his family.

"I'm sorry mate, you can't do much about it now," I said softly, sympathetically. Niall nodded with a scowl, trying to mask his emotions.

"What about your Dad?" I ventured.

"My dad? Yeah, he didn't care much. Always absorbed in his work. I loved him, yeah, but..."

I sighed, laughing humorlessly. "I kinda know the feeling, mate." Though I love my Dad to bits, he's sometimes a bit too absorbed in his work, and forgets... many things.

"Oh. So what should we do then? What should I do now? Zayn, I know you can't help me with everything, but you can help me with something. So, help me then!" Niall spat, jumping up from the couch and started pacing.

"I will, God! You just have to be patient, Niall. I-"

"I have been fucking patient for the past 12 months! Ghosts come and go, right in front of me, but me? Stuck here forever!" he ruffled his hair, sighing noisily in frustration.

"Look, you have to calm down. And not be so pessimistic. We'll solve this one step at a time, I'm here to help you now," I soothed the blonde ghost. "I know I can't help you all the way, but I will do as much as I can. You came to me for that reason. Now," I gestured Niall to sit back down, and he complied.

"We're going to visit Josh, and you're going to tell him you love him," I stated, and Niall looked at me like I just lost my mind.

"How the fuck do I do that?" he questioned.

I rolled my eyes. "Wow, and I thought I was the dumb one when the book hit me in the head. You've mastered telekinesis, yeah? So use that! In a way that Josh can understand that it's you telling him that you love him."

Niall bit his bottom lip in thought. "I guess I can try that," he admitted, looking up at me with a small smile.

"That's the spirit!" I encouraged. "Why haven't you tried this before?" I asked, genuinely curious.

Niall shrugged sheepishly. "I was just way too wrapped up in my morose thoughts. About how I died so suddenly, and after I was over that, worries of why I couldn't cross over."

"Ah," I nodded in understanding. "Well, now we are working on this to see if this can help you cross over. Anything can work, yeah?"

"Yeah," Niall grinned. "So, let's go then, shall we?"

I frowned. "You want me to come with you?"

Niall rolled his eyes. "Of course, idiot. Now, up!"

I dusted my clothes free from crisps crumbs and stood up. "Okay then. Lead the way, blondie."

I hope this works.

~*~

We know a little more about Nialler! ^o^

So I entered SMFTBB in the Wattys, will you guys vote? ;)

Love you <3

Next update: Thursday.

~bemycupcake xx