14~ Ploy.

ZAYN'S POV

I was just sitting at the cafeteria table during lunch, bored out of my mind. And I actually surprised myself when I started thinking of Niall's funny antics, and started smiling.

"Oooh, he's thinking about a special someone, Lou!" Harry cooed, and Louis grinned, then narrowed his eyes at me.

"Thinking about Justin aren't you, you sneaky dog?" Louis teased, and I rolled my eyes, and nodded, just to get him off my back.

"Of course he'll be thinking about his boyfriend, Louis!" Harry said as it was the most obvious thing ever.

"Alright, that's it. Enough about my love life. What about you two?" I cut in, smirking when I noticed them both scoot a bit farther from each other, suddenly all shy.

"Oh come on, just snog already!" I sighed, exasperated, and saw them both share a secret smirk. I narrowed my eyes suspiciously at my two friends who had rearranged their faces into innocent expressions once again.

"Hey, Zayn." I felt an arm snake around my shoulder, and I smiled up at Justin.

"Um, we're just gonna go..." Harry trailed off, him and Louis getting out of their chairs. 

"...go find a janitor's closet?" I supplied, and Louis flipped me off, dragging a blushing Harry away with him.

"Hey." I turned back and locked eyes with Justin, and suddenly felt lightheaded. I clutched my head, leaning forward.

"Whoa, you okay Zayn?" Justin asked, concerned.

"Yeah," I breathed. "Just felt a bit woozy."

"Oops," I heard Justin murmur, but I shook it off. He took a seat beside me, and entwined our fingers under the table. Hah, poor girls. They sure were disappointed when they found out that the hot new guy was not so straight.

I smiled at Justin. I can't believe he's just like me. A ghost medium. He told me that his mother can see angels, and he can see both angels and ghosts. And I feel even closer to him, cos we have such a big part of our lives in common.

And he really does seem like a lovely guy. He's sweet, he's...um. He's uh...

"Zayn," Justin murmured, and I locked eyes with him.

"Y-yeah?" Oh, and he's amazing. And perfect.

"Did you think about what I had asked you yesterday?"

"Yesterday... oh! Yeah. And what was Niall on about?"

Justin's fingers tightened around mine. "He's just a poor misguided ghost," he shook his head. "He's literally lost, poor guy. Lost his sense of thinking," Justin tsked, and I frowned.

"I don't think Niall is-"

"Shush. Enough about him. Now. What did you think about your answer?"

"Um..." Just say it! Why am I so nervous?!

The bell thankfully rung at that moment, but I inwardly cursed as I realized next period was Chemistry, which I had with Justin.

"Let's go then? We'll talk on the way," Justin got up from his chair, and I sighed lightly, following behind him.

~*~

Okay, I couldn't concentrate on a thing during class, and as soon as it ended, Justin pulled me aside.

"So?" Justin stressed, boring his golden brown eyes into mine.

So. I should see how this thing goes. Cos Justin is an amazing guy. A perfect guy. And he wants me. And I don't give a fuck what Liam says, what my Dad says about not liking him, and about Niall warning me to stay away from Justin for whatever fucked up reason.