31~ Visibility.

NIALL'S POV

Okay, whoever created this website is a freaking genius or a saint. And I owe the guy one.

I was currently on Zayn's Galaxy tab, sifting through the website theghostsguide.com. It had everything a ghost needed to know about the in-between life and about his abilities. Hell, I thought this website was a joke, but this guy was actually spot on. Everyone treated his posts like a joke, even he himself did, but only a true ghost like me would know the truth to his words.

I have no idea if he was bluffing, but many things here were true. And mentioned plenty of times on this site, it was absolutely crazy how that TV show Supernatural got almost everything spot on about us.

Nonetheless, this helped me greatly. Internet sure is a blessing. And Google.

My eyes skimmed over the paragraph under the heading maintaining your visibility. Now, this is my favorite topic. I adjusted myself on the bed, but the Tab slipped through my fingers as I lost concentration. Muttering, I concentrated once again, and gingerly grasped the device in my fingers.

It just said to close your eyes and channel all your positive energy to the center of your body, and from there, it will spread through your whole essence and you will become material.

What a bunch of bullcrap.

It also warned that different ghosts have different strengths, so they can manifest their visibility according to that. The longer the ghost has been dead and has had time to practice, the stronger he'll be.

I snorted, and powered off Zayn's tab, tossing it back on the bed.

I had stayed with Zayn 'til after school today, even though he protested that he didn't need me to watch over him. I didn't trust Justin to just leave Zayn alone after his warning, even though he hadn't shown up ever since that day in the locker room.

But still, you can't ever be too careful. I know I'm not Zayn's guardian angel and I can't even come close to being one, but I love him and yes I care about his safety. He is my counselor, and I'm his... I'm his... I am just the masochistic ghost who fell for him. I have no idea if Zayn loves me back, but that doesn't matter to me. It doesn't. It just doesn't.

And he shouldn't love me back.

I shook my head to get rid of those thoughts, but my good mood was already long gone, and in it's place the same dread I'd been feeling for the past few days settled in.

Zayn was with his friends right now, having a guys night out, which they all have every weekend when his best friend Liam drives from Wolverhampton. It was a routine of Zayn's life which I had observed now, being four months near him.

When Zayn returns, I know he'll want to inform me on the research he had done about crossing over, he had told me that before he went out. And he also told me we were going to spend the whole night, alone.

As much as that should make me happy, it didn't. Don't get me wrong, I love Zayn, but I brought this on myself. I know I'm not a human, I shouldn't even be here right now! But here I am, romancing with a human, and playing with his heart when I know I'm eventually going to break it.

I can't believe this has just dawned on me. I've been so selfish, blinded by my own emotions.

I took a deep breath, and ran my fingers through my hair in frustration, slightly pulling at the roots. I blinked back the tears in my eyes. And fūck, now I'm crying like a pussy.

Groaning, I looked around Zayn's room, and drew in a shaky breath. I had no idea what the heck was wrong with me these days. Zayn was happy, I was happy, we had agreed to be together like this, live our little fantasy even for a little while.