42~ Happily.

NIALL'S POV

2 MONTHS LATER

September 2012.

I can now definitely see the angels meant no harm when they had put me back in the timeline of when I was alive. And am now again... God, this is still confusing. When I'd came to almost two months ago, and found found myself in my bedroom like I'd never died in the first place, my first worry was Zayn, and to get to him. But the biggest gift was getting my life back of course, getting my family and friends back, which never would have happened in the first place if that psychopathic dark angel Zamian or whatever hadn't been thirsty for souls.

But that was all over and done, and I was more than happy to put all that fucked up shit behind me. Up until two months ago, I had no idea on how I was going to approach Zayn, get him to fall in love with me again when he doesn't even know my name. 

But like Molly had advised, let it happen. And I had let it happen. We met again like fate has originally planned for us, and I felt my self bafflingly falling in love with Zayn again, even harder this time around. 

I was now viewing this timeline as more of a blessing. I now had more time to get to know everything about Zayn, and be there through all the important things in his life. I'll never leave his side again, that's for sure.

Like I said, It had been almost two months since Zayn and I had met, and yeah, so that meant two months since we'd been in a relationship.

And if I thought before that Zayn was adorable and thoughtful, caring and just perfect, sixteen year old Zayn is even more so. And I'm falling for him more day by day.

We spend time together almost every day after school when we didn't have plans with our friends. Zayn and I talked about everything and nothing, and sometimes just cuddled on the rooftop, which was our rooftop now. And honestly, I couldn't imagine being happier.

I know that happiness never lasts, something's bound to go wrong when you're this blissful-- like I've bitterly experienced before-- but I'm ready this time. I think I've been through enough shit that I deserve this. Deserve my happily ever after, no matter in what twisted way I got it. At least I have Zayn. At least I'm kinda sure he feels the same way...

I'd met Zayn's dad when I'd stayed at his house late one night after having a movie marathon. His dad was a cool guy, but pretty scary, and later pulled me aside and gave me the talk, warning me to not hurt his son and do it with him, because that would be illegal and I'd be put in jail.

Damn. Did I mention he was a lawyer?

But of course I could never ever hurt my Zayn. And I know our age gap is going to be a slight problem now, but we'll get through it. We got through dark angels trying to break us apart and me being a ghost... but Zayn doesn't know that. Fuck. And it's kinds hard hiding that from him. I always feel guilty knowing how oblivious Zayn is and that in two years, he's going to have to face angry ghosts. But this time, I'll be there. I'll be on the other side of the picture, by his side, but I'll sure as hell be there.

*

Yesterday, Zayn and I hadn't been able to meet up because he'd had a guy's night out, but I'd slept pretty late myself, on a school night. And I was regretting it as my head pounded when I tried to open my eyes. I fumbled with my phone as turned off my alarm.

Rubbing my eyes, I wearily lifted myself out of my bed, but jumped back in shock as my eyes focused, and my hair got in my eyes, ruffled by a strong gust of wind.

"Holy shit!" I braced a hand on my heart. "Don't you guys ever think to ring me or something before you drop by?" I muttered, still cranky from sleep. I had only gotten about an hour's sleep, because I'd been on the phone with Zayn and we'd hung up at 5 AM. Worth it though. So worth it.