Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Jealousy

• • •

March 2014

ZAYN'S POV

It had been a few days since Niall had visited me. Usually, he checks in every other day or so... but now it's been almost a week.

I tried not to think too much about that, and the fact that it was a weekend again, helped me to distract my thoughts from Niall.

Yes, a weekend, which meant Liam was visiting from Wolverhampton, and of course, the bonfire held by the senior class. I didn't usually go to these kinda things, but this time was ab exception because Liam would be there.

I walked out of my homeroom class, flanked by Louis and Harry. Louis was happily chatting about the bonfire.

"I'm so excited that Li is gonna be here, I miss him like hell!" Louis exlaimed dramatically, and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. We miss him too. He's gonna be visiting after more than two weeks, ye?"

"Yes. Zayn. But-"

"Are you going to be Liam's date then?" Harry cut in, scowling. Wow, he's obvious.

And the oh-so-oblivious Louis shrugged, smirking. "Yeah, sure. Why do you ask?"

"No reason," Harry mumbled, then snorted, while I resisted the urge to lock my two best friends in the janitor's closet. This had been going on for months! They both have feelings for each other, but both keep denying it, and then keep making the other jealous.

If they both fancy each other, they sure as hell have a weird way of showing it.

The bell rung, and students rushed out of classrooms, crowding the hallways that were empty seconds ago.

"Well, see you later guys!" Harry waved, pushing through the students, making his way to his Art class. This was our free period, and I had football practice in last period, so we decided to chill a bit.

Without discussion, Louis and I sauntered towards the fountain located smack dab in our campus' yard, and said fountain was also our chilling spot.

We took a seat on the ledge. Louis absent-mindedly dipped his fingers in the bubbly water, and I asked, "Okay, what gives? Why don't you two just snog already?"

And of course, Louis got who I was talking about, and snorted, flipping his floppy hair out of his eyes, which were glinting with mischeif. "Oh, what's the fun in that, Z? Hazza is the jealous type, and I love making him jealous. Even if he's not by boyfriend. But he's so hot when he's jealous," Louis murmured, biting his lower lip, and I shoved him.

"You're whipped!" I teased.

"I am not!" he shoved me back with a playful scowl. "If I was, I would've already asked him to be mine," Louis huffed.

"And clearly you both love to enjoy the chase," I observed, and Louis nodded, his thinking face on.

"Yeah, but Harry does get jealous, but he doesn't do anything about it! Like say-"

"Uh, Zayn?" We both looked up to see a smirking Justin, the sexy new guy who everyone was talking about lately, standing above us. Wait.. Was he actually talking to me?

"Yeah?" I asked softly, while Louis was grinning widely beside me.

"Can I talk to you?"

"Me? Uh, sure." I followed him to the side of the school building, and Justin leaned against the wall, crossing his arms.