Epilogue #2

ZAYN'S POV

FIVE YEARS LATER

April 2019

"Is everything ready?"

"For the hundredth time, mate. Yes!" My best friend Harry Styles laughed on the other end of the phone. "Yeah, I set up everything like you asked."

"You don't think it's too simple, right?" I fretted yet again, running a hand through my messy black hair, pacing the length of the living room of mine and my husband's apartment.

Harry sighed noisily. "For fuck's sake. You know how he loves everything simple and not over the top. You yourself said he's a personal sentiments sorta guy. So just chill, Zayn. This is you guy's day. Just stop worrying about the details and have fun," Harry said firmly, then clicked off.

I sighed, biting my lip. Harry was right. But I can't help but overthink. It's our fourth wedding anniversary today, and yeah, of course I'd wished my husband before he left for work. And now, I was planning a surprise date for us, when he's the one usually planning all of our dates.

I transferred the spaghetti I made in the tupperware bowl for the date. Yes, I was keeping everything sentimental. To plan everything today, I'd taken a day off work. A day beforehand, I'd called my secretary and told her to reschedule all my appointments as I was taking a day off. She of course remembered the date and knew why I needed this day off.

I was working as a psychotherapist for more than three years now, for ghosts and humans alike. I was still a ghost counsellor, I guess I just changed my label.

I was just getting started on making some sauce when something tugged on my sweatpants. I looked down, and met a pair of icy blue eyes.

"Daddy, Noori isn't giving me her colols," my two and a half year old son Aiden pouted adorably, glaring at the room his big sister was in. I chuckled, lifting up the boy and setting him up on the counter, but far away from the stove.

"Now why would you want your sister's colours?" I asked, ruffling his jet black hair, identical to mine.

Aiden's pout then turned into a mischeivous grin. "Cos she cries like a weenie then!" he laughed in his hands, and I tutted, lightly hitting him on the hand to which he quieted down and stared back at me with his blue eyes.

"Den, that's not a nice thing to call your big sister," I scolded.

"Sorry, Daddy," Aiden murmured, and I smiled, leaning closer and kissing his forehead. I ruffled my son's hair. Aiden sniffed the air, then grinned toothily.

"Papa's favorite," he nodded in approval as I laughed.

"Think he'll like it, Den?"

I'm pretty sure Aiden rolled his eyes as he hopped off the counter. "Of course Daddy. We all love your foods! Papa the mostest!"

I chuckled in agreement. "Your Papa loves all foods to be honest. And I see you're ready to go to Leslie's," I smiled as I assesed Aiden's clothes that he put on himself, well, only the jacket. The rest I'd dressed him up.

"Yes! Leslie's cupcakes! Noori, it's time!" Aiden cheered, running off into their room to deliver his sister the good news.

Leslie was my dad's wife of two years now, and she was the sweetest and cheekiest woman ever. Sure, she could never replace my mum, but she did fit in well with our family, in her own way. My dad loved her, the kids adored her, and that's more than enough.

"Go get your sister!" I called out after Aiden as I stirred the sauce, wiping the sweat off my brow. Hope that drama queen is ready already.

After I was done with the sauce and now the whole dish for our date, I nervously packed it all, hoping he'd like it. It was his favorite dish afterall. Even Aiden said so.