34~ Infinity.

[unedited. too tired. meh. longest chapter of this book. enjoy <3]

ZAYN'S POV

Today had gone pretty well if I do say so myself. I got a few new clients and most of them were surprisingly not hostile or (much) moody, and finally helped a ghost with a difficult case to cross over.

Sadly, that ghost wasn't Niall.

I kept thinking about what Niall and I had talked about our unique relationship. We both knew that it wasn't a normal, stable relationship with guarantees. But we were willing to look past that, and spend the most of what we unknowingly have together. All thw while continuing to figure out Niall's case.

In the morning, Niall told me about what his guardian angel-- I guess?-- Molly told him. About what the angels think now. And they suspect a rogue Reaper or something and wow this is all way out of my league. Niall's case is truly tougher and complicated than I thought.

And the scariest thing? The angels still somehow think I come into play somewhere in all of this. Me, just a human, not some frisky dark angel that can save Niall with his power, just plain old Zayn who can see and talk to dead people.

I sighed, as I collapsed back on my bed after a long day. I had just returned from the park, where I had met one of my ghost clients. She was attached to that place, so she couldn't go anywhere else. Sometimes, ghosts that don't find peace can only haunt places which have their material remains or where they died.

And this made me wonder about Niall. He still hasn't crossed over, but he told me he can pretty much go anywhere around the world. How come I never thought of that?

"So, you back from the office honey?" An irish voice asked teasingly, and I looked up, rolling my eyes at Niall, who was leaning against the wall beside the window, looking pretty hot might I add.

"Yeah, I am." And then I remembered. "Hey Niall?"

"Yeah?"

"How come you can go anywhere you like? I mean, I thought the ghost that don't find peace are usually tied down to one place or a few places only? But you...?"

Niall shrugged. "I don't really know. And yeah, I should have just been able to drift between here and Ireland but I can practically go anywhere."

"Why not just Ireland as your family's there?" I asked tentatively.

Niall smiled ruefully. "Well, because some of my old belongings are there in my family's house. And here in London, because I'm buried here," he said the last part so faintly, I had to strain my ears to hear him.

"Oh, oh," I responded. I have no idea why, but I didn't think Niall would be... buried somewhere. I mean, in a graveyard, have a tombstone... God this was too painful to think about. I know he was dead, he was a ghost, but somehow hearing this, made it all more real. I had this notion in the back of my mind that Niall's body was soundly lying somewhere in a soft bed, while his spirit was roaming free, but he was buried six feet under. This was... just weird to think about.

"Hey, Zayn," I felt cold fingers brush my cheeks, and I flinched.

"Why are you crying babe?" Niall asked softly, his eyes shining with concern. I didn't answer, just engulfed him in a tight hug, burying my face in his neck.

"I'm so, so sorry. I just, I thought..." I sighed, sniffing. "I don't know what's going in my head right now," I told him, shaking my head. "I just never imagined that you might actually be-"

"Yeah but I am. And it doesn't matter. That's just my body, yeah? But the thing that keeps it alive is right here!" Niall said, wiggling his eyebrows while pointing at himself, and despite myself, I couldn't smother my laughter as I shoved him lightly.