23~ Epiphany.

ZAYN'S POV

It was still the weekend, and we had all tagged along with Liam for a drive back to Wolverhampton for a guy's movie night at his house, which we all seriously needed. I missed spending time with my best friends. I was neclecting them 'cos of my boyfriend and my secret job.

The three hour drive to Liam's was uneventful, and we reached his modest-sized house by evening. Once we were inside, Louis and Harry instantly charged towards Liam's massive movie collection, and started bickering over the movie choices.

Liam rolled his eyes fondly at the pair, and gestured me to follow him to the kitchen. We padded through the hallway, towards the marble kitchen. Liam's mother was a nurse so she was usually at the hospital, and his aunt that lived here as well, was on vacation.

Liam pulled out some microwave popcorn, and stuffed it the microwave, setting the timer. I leaned against the fridge, crossing my arms.

"Zayn," Liam finally broke the tense silence, turning to me. I raised an eyebrow, meeting Liam's concerned, brown eyes.

"What's going on with you mate?" he asked softly, and I inhaled sharply. Liam knew me too well. I couldn't go without telling him anything anymore.

I took a deep breath. "Where do I start Li?" I groaned, leaning my elbows against the counter and placing my forehead in my palms.

"You know you can tell me anything," Liam urged softly, patting my back.

"Guys, we picked out Fast and Furious 6! Come on!" Harry popped his curly head inside the kitchen.

"Bring the snacks!" Louis called out from the living room. I rolled my eyes and collected the bags of crisps and candies from the cupboard which Liam had pointed out, while he filled the bowls with popcorn.

We padded back to the living room, and I took a seat on the couch, while Liam sat down beside me. Harry flicked the lights off replaced the CD in the DVD player. He plopped onto the tiny loveseat next to Louis, who slung an arm around his boyfriend, snuggling him close under the blanket. I smiled at the sight of my two best friends.

They had finally pulled their heads out of their asses and seen the attraction they had for each other which is the reason how they make this work. And of course, the strong bond they share too.

The movie started playing, but my mind was elsewhere. My thoughts involuntarily wondered to Niall and I felt that guilty feeling again, that uncomfortable feeling that I had made a mistake. I bit my lip, thinking hard. Was I really too harsh on Niall? Of course I fucking was! I hurt him beyond belief when he was just trying to help me. I'm such an arse, and I can't even make amends with him, 'cause I oh-so-brilliantly told him to leave me alone.

These thoughts have been driving me crazy ever since than damn party. And ever since that party, I keep thinking about if Niall really was right about Justin. And the more I think about it, the more it sounds probable. How Justin is always acting so shady, and lately, he has been too clingy. And overprotective. I had no idea why, but lately, I'm not feeling that attraction I felt towards Justin when I got together with him.

Even since that day at the party, when he had forcefully kissed me. I mean, yeah. He was my boyfriend. But still. That is also one of the reasons why I needed to be with my friends right now. To get away from Justin for a little while.

I groaned lightly, and sunk my head in my hands, roughly carding my fingers through my hair.

"Zayn," Liam said, and motioned towards his room. I sighed, and nodded, standing up.

"Be right back guys," Liam told Harry and Louis, but they were too busy whispering sweet nothings in each other's ears. I rolled my eyes at them with a fond smile, and followed Liam to his room.

Liam plopped down on his bed, and I leaned against the opposite wall.

"Alright, what's been bothering you, Z? Ever since that damn party, you've been acting so different. No, scratch that. Ever since you got together with Justin," Liam spat his name. He wasn't too fond of Justin either.

"Li," I sighed. "I-I don't know. I just don't feel like myself," I admitted honestly. "Like, I don't even know. Justin is... he's alright," I bit my lip.

"Uh, uh," Liam snorted. "Justin is making you like this, Zayn. You don't think I see the way he just presses you down and manipulates you? Why are you even with that asshole?!" Liam seethed.

Before, I would have had this uncontrollable urge to defend Justin, but now, I had nothing to defend Justin with. Liam was right. Justin doesn't make me feel happy anymore. "I know Liam. He's, he's too controlling now. He scare me to be honest," I spoke meekly, absently mindedly tracing my fingers over my wrist, where bruises from Justin's fingers had been imprinted. "But I'm scared. I'm scared what he'll do if I ever break up with him."

Liam laughed. "Scared? Just break up with that asshole. I'll beat him up if he tries to do anything funny afterwards."

I shook my head sadly. "No, Liam. Justin in not human. Niall said so, and now I believe him. He says Justin wants to hurt me, hurt him, and now I finally believe him. His strength, the way he manipulated my emotions... I don't know why I just saw this, why I just had this epiphany," I spat. "If only I had believed Niall earlier, I would have never hurt him."

"You hurt Niall?"

I nodded, running my fingers though my hair. "Yeah, I fucked up, bad," I told Liam, and paced the room. "At the party, I don't know what had gotten into me, and I had told off Niall. Told him he was nosing in my business, and that I didn't need his help and neither was I going to help him. And he was actually warning me," I murmured sadly.

Liam pursed his lips. "You did fuck up bad. I suggest you try to talk to Niall, get him to listen in any way. Summon him, whatever. Try anything! You need to apologize."

"Yeah, I know. Niall sure as hell deserves my apology. And what about Justin?" I asked, already feeling the fear creep up.

"Just try to avoid him at all costs," Liam advised. "And don't worry much about Justin. He looks like all talk and no action to me," Liam smirked, and I laughed, feeling my fear subside just a tiny bit.

I nodded. I wanted to tell Liam about the soul thing, but hesitated. "Yeah, I'll try," I murmured. And try to get Niall to talk to me again and accept my apology. And hope to God he doesn't hate me much.

~*~

Woohoo! Finally Zayn saw sense! But... what is the reason for this sudden clarity of thoughts? There is a REASON which I hope you all can guess. :P

Include #ZiallPlease in your lovely comments if you want some Ziall smut soon hahahah I'm a perv. xD

~zarrycupcake xx